Question for anyone who disembarked in Budapest on Emerald/Evergreen

Andona

We will be doing an Amsterdam to Budapest cruise with Emerald Waterways and I've been trying to find out how much free time there is in Budapest on the final day?

The brochure says Day 14 - Organised city tour and City lights river cruise in the evening.

We depart the boat next morning and leave the city.

I'd love to know if there is enough free time after the city tour for us to go to the Szechenyi baths. Are there any experienced Emerald/Evergreen cruisers on here who have any advice about this?

TIA

Andona

I have the same question as we are going on Emerald late July from Prague to Budapest with the same description for Budapest in day 10 of our trip. Since the itinerary says after the tour there is lunch on the ship we arranged for a 2pm pick up for a 3 hour private Jewish Heritage tour. We hope the timing works out so we are back to the ship for dinner and then an evening cruise on the Danube.

...I'd love to know if there is enough free time after the city tour for us to go to the Szechenyi baths. Are there any experienced Emerald/Evergreen cruisers on here who have any advice about this?...
I am NOT an experienced Emerald/Evergreen cruiser, so I don't know the order of their city tour, but I'll say that I'm virtually sure that any Budapest city tour would include a visit to Hősök tere (Hero's Square) which is a short walk through the City Park to the Szechenyi baths. If Hősök tere is at or near the end of the city tour (ask your Cruise Director) you might consider going directly from there to the baths.

Thom

We will be doing an Amsterdam to Budapest cruise with Emerald Waterways and I've been trying to find out how much free time there is in Budapest on the final day?

The brochure says Day 14 - Organised city tour and City lights river cruise in the evening.

We depart the boat next morning and leave the city.

I'd love to know if there is enough free time after the city tour for us to go to the Szechenyi baths. Are there any experienced Emerald/Evergreen cruisers on here who have any advice about this?

TIA

Andona

We were on Emerald Waterways Amsterdam - Budapest June 2015. We arrived in Budapest around 8am and were docked directly across from the famous Parliament Building. Not sure if we were lucky, or if that is the typical docking spot. We were given a bus tour of the city in the morning, then back to the boat for lunch.

We had free time from after lunch until dinner which allowed us time to walk back into the city. You would probably have enough time in the afternoon to take in the Szechenyi Baths as they are about 12 minutes by cab from the Chain Bridge. The Chain Bridge is a close landmark to where we were docked last year but note that docking spots are not guaranteed. In our case, Emerald was able to use Scenic's (sister company) alloted slip.

The Spa would be about 20-30 minutes walk from Chain Bridge. As per another's response, the Spas are close to Heroes Square which you will see on your bus tour. This will give you an idea as to where this area is relative to where the boat is docked. As well, the Cruise Director may be able to help plan this for you.

Dinner is at around 7pm each night. After dinner in Budapest we were treated to a cruise up and down the Danube on board the Emerald Waterways boat. The weather was great and we waltzed to the sounds of the Blue Danube on the top deck.

We really enjoyed our entire cruise with Emerald Waterways last year.

:)

May I recommend the Gellert Baths? You could walk there if you want or take the train in front of the ship dock and then just walk across the bridge to the Buda side. The building is Art Nouveau magnificent and there are numerous places to bathe. It's my favorite place in Budapest. You can check out trip Advisor on it and get directions on Google Maps.

Have fun,

Ticonderoga