Traveling with sleep apnea machine

J18ktleo

If you click on special needs on the Celebrity site you can record your requirements, or if you prefer telephone.

They will provide you with distilled water and sort out an extension lead, if needed to the bed. See your room attendant on boarding just to check they have received the information then at some point in the afternoon they will sort you out. We have needed the extension cable in the rooms we have booked and they have very neatly run it to the bed and safely taped it down.

Have a great cruise!

You can communicate with Special Needs and they will provide the distilled water and a heavy duty extension cord. If these items are not in the cabin when you board just remind your cabin steward. He/she will tape down the extension cord too. It will run from the desk (in most cabin layouts) under the bed and to the bedside table.

This is an increasingly common practice for the crew.

I use a small portable cpap machine on the cruise with no water. I figure there is enough humidity in the air I don't need it. It is the same air we breath without the machine. I do run water during the winter with pellet stove going but not in the summer. The smaller portable machine is very nice. I bring that and a cord and don't have to depend on anyone. Pretty important machine. I prefer to do it myself but I am sure they will help on the ship also.

My husband has used Special Needs for the past 5 years with the CPAP.

Contact them, you can do it by e-mail. They have a form you can fill out if you have the time. If not, call them and get Paan e-mail confirmation from them.

We do get the distilled water on the ship. On Eclipse in April we got the water since the cabins are so sealed that there was not enough moisture in the air and it was causing dryness. Order it anyway. Just in case.

Pat

My friend is wondering how to do the 'distilled water' required for the machine?

Do we bring it with or is there a way to get some onboard....needs distilled water.

If a guest wishes to bring a CPAP or Sleep Apnea machine onboard, please contact our Access Department at 1-866-592-7225. Doing so will advise the ship to provide distilled water and an extension cord for the stateroom.

If a guest wishes to bring a CPAP or Sleep Apnea machine onboard, please contact our Access Department at 1-866-592-7225. Doing so will advise the ship to provide distilled water and an extension cord for the stateroom.

Thank you so very much!!!

My TA contacted Celebrity in advance and I had a whole GALLON of distilled water waiting for me in our stateroom when I boarded and an extension cord that was safely taped to the floor. Thank you Ambrose and Romeo (Goa India), you are the best stewards ever! Celebrity really does make it easy for us CPAP users

Edited by El Crucero

My TA contacted Celebrity in advance and I had a whole GALLON of distilled water waiting for me in our stateroom when I boarded and an extension cord that was safely taped to the floor. Thank you Ambrose and Romeo (Goa India), you are the best stewards ever! Celebrity really does make it easy for us CPAP users

I contacted Celebrity directly via their website as has already been mentioned. I got the gallon of water and a long extension cord, but the "tape" was just a hand towel laid over the short part of the cord that was exposed. I mentioned the unusual tape to the cabin attendant and he said that he would tape it down later; never happen even with an 11 day cruise. Not a big deal since the there was only about 3-4 feet of cord exposed (the rest was under the bed), so we never mentioned it again.