Summit menus

gabbygrrl

I'd like to find out which night the Summit will have Beef Wellington (don't want to miss it) and the Top Chef night (would prefer to do specialty dining that night). I did a search for the menus but I can't find anything.

Any ideas which night is which for Bermuda?

Thank you.

I'm sorry I can't help you, but you are correct,that is a have to be there dinner. we have had it before on the Summit,and it is not to be missed.I hope somebody does have that info,we are cruising on the 12th.mmmm.

I'd like to find out which night the Summit will have Beef Wellington (don't want to miss it) and the Top Chef night (would prefer to do specialty dining that night). I did a search for the menus but I can't find anything.

Any ideas which night is which for Bermuda?

Thank you.

I can tell you on our recent trip (May 15th sailing) it was Friday night (the second "evening chic" night) because we missed it because we were dining in Quisine that night! I want to say Top Chef night was night 3 (Tuesday) - I didn't even notice it on the menu until my sister-in-law pointed it out! Other than that, it just looked like a regular menu to me. I will say that was the best meal I had in the dining room (we had the beef cheeks - and the ginger spice ?? or something like that - dessert was wonderful).

I did see the menus on a Facebook page or maybe cruiseweekly.com. I don't know about Beef Wellington but the Top Chef night is Tuesday. I wouldn't miss that for anything! The 2nd Formal night is Lobster and I'll go to a Specialty Restaurant that night, huge allergy to shell fish.

Just off the Eclipse and the beef Wellington was on the second chic night along with the lobster!

We were on Eclipse in March and had the lobster....fantastic...but IMHO (and that of the 3 others in our group) the Top Chef food was horrid...even our waiter advised us not to order it....we should have listened. Dessert was pecan pie and for the first time in my life, I actually sent it back and our waiter brought us chocolate cake and ice-cream. BTW the chocolate cake with mousse filling was the best I've ever tasted.

Thank you all for the help! I don't want to miss the Welly (Gordon Ramsey's fault). We are still up in the air about the Top Chef menu. I've never seen that show but I have not heard many good reviews.

New to Celebrity so I'm excited for Qsine and a new adventure!

Thank you all for the help! I don't want to miss the Welly (Gordon Ramsey's fault). We are still up in the air about the Top Chef menu. I've never seen that show but I have not heard many good reviews.

New to Celebrity so I'm excited for Qsine and a new adventure!

The TV show is great, and the Top Chef activity onboard in which cruisers compete is a lot of fun.

But I totally agree that while the the menu descriptions looked promising, the actual food was disappointing.

The TV show is great, and the Top Chef activity onboard in which cruisers compete is a lot of fun.

But I totally agree that while the the menu descriptions looked promising, the actual food was disappointing.

Hit the nail right on the head!!!

Back last week and here is my mini-take...

MDR food and experience is not as wonderful as in the past. Celebrity has done away with the parade of waiters/ flaming baked Alaska event, which was always such a celebratory way to wind up the cruise. Dessert portions were tiny. Even the bread is a few steps lower than in previous sailings. One significant change is in the "openers".....you used to be offered an appetizer AND a salad, two courses. That appears to have been combined. However, there is NO reason why you can't order two...your waiter is there to serve you, not correct you! My husband frequently ordered a soup as well as escargots, his faves. Same thing with the main course....often ordered a pasta " for the table", in addition to his entre.

I agree, the beef Wellington is offered on the same night as the lobster, the second formal night, and ours was great! No complaints about the quality or service that night...those poor guys worked hard.

We had a meal in both Qsine and Tuscan Grill....both well done. Our friends actually split an entre in the TG, it was so generous, and the service was very nice. Saw a whole table of crew dining in Qsine, so that says something...always an interesting experience. Tried to pick up a quick supper at Bistro on Five on Saturday but the whole staff was sitting together at a table and we could not even get seated....at 8:00!

I think having created "levels" of dining has left the MDR for the peons...sorry