The Edge Class

ImpulsivePuppy

I am very intrigued about this new class of ship but there seems to be a dearth of information about it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the X website that I can see. What do we know, or speculate at this point about The Edge Class? How are they different from the S and M Class? Are there any present concepts that are expanded? And, are the any pictures, concept art or other, of the ship, design, interior, etc? What itineraries will Edge sail? Thanks!

I am very intrigued about this new class of ship but there seems to be a dearth of information about it. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the X website that I can see. What do we know, or speculate at this point about The Edge Class? How are they different from the S and M Class? Are there any present concepts that are expanded? And, are the any pictures, concept art or other, of the ship, design, interior, etc? What itineraries will Edge sail? Thanks!

Here's one detail I know of... Edge class ships will attempt to extract as much money from your pockets as possible... and you thought it couldn't be worse than what's already on offer! :)

These were posted on another existing thread on Edge. Some proposed concept cabin styles. No guarantee these will look anything like the final outcome. 3fd441534a24db4fcaa3635de8891dd3.jpg

cd686ae742e263c88fe4edc4ecf3a316.jpgd3a432de339f6dc24c30575bdccb14eb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome QE2fan, this is the type of stuff I was hoping to see, thanks! Do you have a link to that other thread? I couldn't find it. Thank you!!

Just a caution, don't believe anything unless it comes from Celebrity, those items about the cabins are not from Celebrity.

Just a caution, don't believe anything unless it comes from Celebrity, those items about the cabins are not from Celebrity.

Agreed Don. If I recall correctly, the above renderings were not posted by Celebrity, so they may be worthless.

Agreed Don. If I recall correctly, the above renderings were not posted by Celebrity, so they may be worthless.

Totally agree! I didn't state they were not from Celebrity but why i mentioned the y are concept only - the actual will likely be quite different (and I hope so - I'm not a fan of these!).

The original post was from apparently a 'tender' of submissions for cabin styles to Celebrity - but never seen any others than these so could well be someone who has too much time on their hands and created them on a whim!

It's otherwise been so awfully quiet on the Project Edge front...

Awesome QE2fan, this is the type of stuff I was hoping to see, thanks! Do you have a link to that other thread? I couldn't find it. Thank you!!

Hi - if you do a search for 'Project Edge' a few threads should show up - this is the 'main' one but it doesn't really have a lot of detail - lots of speculation though which is half the fun of these threads! :p

Hopefully Celebrity will loosen their tight lips on the new builds soon!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2263454&highlight=project+edge

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading many years ago that future cruise ships would be built with catamaran style hulls... Now if Celebrity were to be the first cruise line to do so they would be on the cutting "Edge". Could this be why there is such a hush hush over the new ship?

I remember reading many years ago that future cruise ships would be built with catamaran style hulls... Now if Celebrity were to be the first cruise line to do so they would be on the cutting "Edge".

Could this be why there is such a hush hush over the new ship?

I do not know what Celebrity has in the works, but RSSC had a catamaran style ship quite a few years ago. :)

Well, the big news today is that Celebrity ordered two more Edge ships for a total of four. More waffles

Yep, I read. That is good news. :)

The main question for us is whether the Edge class will replace the Millennium class or increase the size of the Celebrity fleet.

We would like to see more itineraries not just the same old ones in a new ship.

The main question for us is whether the Edge class will replace the Millennium class or increase the size of the Celebrity fleet.

The C-class ships didn't finish their exit until well into the life of the S-class.

I doubt we'll see the M-class leave much before 2022 or so.

So, Madam Lisa talks about "premium" class and blah blah blah. But all we see are cut-backs...some so small they make little sense. No more fresh squeezed OJ, no unlimited bottled water in Aqua (which means water), live show orchestras replaced with pre-recorded stuff, etc etc. And then there are the alternative restaurants which have seen major price increases in the past few years with little or negative change in quality. All this coupled with major price increases. We only have one more Celebrity cruise booked, and it might be our last unless we see improvement. Keeping our fingers crossed since we have long enjoyed X.

Hank