Viking transfer from Munich to Passau

bellemere

Have purchased air thru Viking which includes transfers for our Danube Waltz cruise.

Has anyone used the Viking transfer from Munich airport to Passau?

How long is the transfer? Did you have to wait long at the airport to be transferred to the ship?

Thanks for your help.

I can't speak directly to your question as we arrived a couple of days precruise in Munich and immediately trained to Salzburg and then on embarkation day, took the train to Passau.

However, in speaking with fellow passengers who had used the transfer, it appeared they had three busses. One VERY early one - this seemed to have folks who had flown nonstops directly to Munich. As I recall, someone on it said they arrived at the ship and had a late continental breakfast and then after lunch, Viking took them on a short sightseeing tour. A second (or more?) bus must have arrived before lunch given the number of folks aboard when we arrived about 3. A final bus arrived about 4 pm. That one may have been unusual as a large group aboard (60+) was traveling together and their flight from Atlanta to Munich had been delayed.

I didn't hear anyone complain about the transfers. Hopefully someone with direct experience can answer your real questions.

we flew Boston to Munich has enough time to buy a cup of coffee once we cleared customs. Most people fell asleep on the bus and the ride was painless. Got to the ship around noon one room ready one not. Have a awesome cruise

Sounds like anyone doing transfers has to wait for a busload of other people. I don't mind waiting. I just hope they have a bathroom on that bus! :p

We have had 2 Viking cruises with transfers never waited more than 10 minutes pretty painless, Viking buses have a bathroom .