Loyalty rewarded or Not

tenpin

Has Costa really improved their loyalty Club with the new Club Rules?

We love the Costa brand but also like trying other lines, so loyalty to one brand is not an option.

We were proud Gold Pearl Members & have cruised with Costa since 2000 with over 20 cruises with them.

Now it seem that if we only cruise once a year with them we will lose all the perks associated with our present level, which I must say were better than most lines, however to reach the highest level of Perla Diamante we would have to cruise 21 days a year, even to stay at a present level becomes more that we are prepared to do with them.

So the question is have they helped their most loyal customers or discarded them for the newer cruisers who will reach Pearl & above within two/three cruises.

I personally do not feel Costa has been loyal to their "old" guard with the introduction of the new Costa Club.

We have various interests that we devide our holidays between and this will not change.

This year we have taken advantage of a new perk, when we booked out second cruise this year we got upgraded to the next level. But on the other hand, in three years when these two cruises are cancelled from my Costa Club level we have a hard landing.

In the old Costa Club you earned your club level though loyalty, now you have to buy that level loyalty every three years.

Mercifully there are other cruise lines with beautiful ships.

Costa seems to have gone to a model where they reward their most PROFITABLE customers, not their most frequent. Being a CCL shareholder, I really can't argue with that. I may be a loyal customer, but I admit they don't make a whole lot of money from me.

They had to do something. I've been Gold Pearl for years, but that's become hardly very exclusive. It's got to the point in Savona it's easier to use the regular boarding than fight the crowd for priority.

As long as Costa offers music and dancing that is far superior to what anyone else is offering, for less money than anything except a Caribbean selloff, I'll still be on Costa.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a reply to countless emails to the Costaclub.

It seems that I have not actually lost my points from 2000 to 2012 but they have become, wait for it;

HISTORICAL POINTS, which means I am entered into a draw (lucky me) at the returning clients party, to which I have never yet been invited. But don't count towards club levels.

Sorry Costa you have done it for us we are of to other lines.

• 2 weeks later...
Costa seems to have gone to a model where they reward their most PROFITABLE customers, not their most frequent. Being a CCL shareholder, I really can't argue with that. I may be a loyal customer, but I admit they don't make a whole lot of money from me.

They had to do something. I've been Gold Pearl for years, but that's become hardly very exclusive. It's got to the point in Savona it's easier to use the regular boarding than fight the crowd for priority.

As long as Costa offers music and dancing that is far superior to what anyone else is offering, for less money than anything except a Caribbean selloff, I'll still be on Costa.

Good afternoon Bob.

Like you I am a Carnival shareholder and as such accept the dividend with much pleasure.

I treat whatever I receive by the way of a 'loyalty' reward as a bonus. Nice to have but certainly not essential in the greater scheme of things.

I continue to cruise regularly(?) with both Cunard and P&O but now find myself diversifying in search of new destinations. Its also quite fun discovering what new lines and ships have to offer: just needs adequate research to ensure the cruise meets one's needs.

Having said that I'm looking forward to another Carnival brand in the near future - Seabourn.