Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

ok... depends what type of device you are using.... yes same as book marks... if you are on your ipad you could also click on "add to home screen" and that will put an icon on the screen to tap and go directly to the blog...

internet explorer on your computer there should be a favourites drop down list...

Thanks Joanne. My first bookmark - yeh!

I'll remember if I use Internet Explorer, it will be 'favourites'.

I was just reading one of the blogs....

those who have done a world cruise before must be really noticing the difference between south instead of north ....

They have had some really rough seas up to now.... going north has always been a mill pond for us!!

I was just reading one of the blogs....

those who have done a world cruise before must be really noticing the difference between south instead of north ....

They have had some really rough seas up to now.... going north has always been a mill pond for us!!

Looks like a millpond now, Joanne. Do you wish you were on board with your friends, or are you happy to just look forward to 2016?

The Great Australia Bight is close to top of the list for rough seas for me - people being sick absolutely everywhere (I wasn't) - a nightmare cruise which turned me off cruising for 30 plus years. :)

It is nice to have a Northern Hemisphere perspective.

Thanks for the blog links, great blogs, great photos. Great to have a cruise fix from land, just like being on board, almost !!!

Yes the Great Australian Bight, some heavy swells out there.

Edited by NSWP

Looks like a millpond now, Joanne. Do you wish you were on board with your friends, or are you happy to just look forward to 2016?

The Great Australia Bight is close to top of the list for rough seas for me - people being sick absolutely everywhere (I wasn't) - a nightmare cruise which turned me off cruising for 30 plus years. :)

It is nice to have a Northern Hemisphere perspective.

yes I do not being on the ship.... especially when you read the blogs and you know exactly what they mean or what they are doing... it will be much harder after they leave Australia..

But we have the Pacific circle cruise to look forward to and after that the south America cruise...

Everyone says the Tasman Sea is rough as guts. But I have crossed it half a dozen times and never so much as a ripple or two. Even my Diamond Princess cruise in March that went around the top of Australia via Brisbane a millpond for 19 days. I was praying for a little bit of movement.

I just remembered ... did anyone see those 2 that where interviewed in relation to a co worker winning the lotto but not declaring it to his syndicate... the guys being interviewed said that if they had their share and would set them selves up ... help the kids , grand kids.... and what else..... go on a cruise !! LOL

it really is growing in Australia!!

I just remembered ... did anyone see those 2 that where interviewed in relation to a co worker winning the lotto but not declaring it to his syndicate... the guys being interviewed said that if they had their share and would set them selves up ... help the kids , grand kids.... and what else..... go on a cruise !! LOL

it really is growing in Australia!!

Yes, cruising is certainly growing.

When I was young, travelling, within Australasia, was to the all inclusive Queensland island resorts, or NZ or Perth for the most adventurous young traveller.

Cruising was what you did when you wanted the BIG trip to Britain and/or Europe.

Edited by MMDown Under

just read rays blog for today ..... hmm... don't think I would like cruise around the bottom end.... after this many days at sea I usually have a pretty good tan going LOL.... by Darwin I have a lovely tan!!

just read rays blog for today ..... hmm... don't think I would like cruise around the bottom end.... after this many days at sea I usually have a pretty good tan going LOL.... by Darwin I have a lovely tan!!

Agree, the northern route sounds better. Guess it makes the pain of not being on board easier to bare, Joanne.

BTW - Two oceans I try to avoid, at any cost, are Great Australia Bight and Bay of Biscay. Other rough seas don't bother me.

I have been perusing the blogs, looks like the odd bottle of vino is getting on board. Perhaps Princess has relaxed their policy. Security does not care it, is the Food and Beverage Manager who is worried about on board booze sales targets, keeping the bean counters at Carnival Corp happy !! LOL.

I have been perusing the blogs, looks like the odd bottle of vino is getting on board. Perhaps Princess has relaxed their policy. Security does not care it, is the Food and Beverage Manager who is worried about on board booze sales targets, keeping the bean counters at Carnival Corp happy !! LOL.

We met up without friends who are on board, yesterday in Fremantle. Along with some people they had made friends with on board, and we all met up in the "E" sheds - and sure enough, they were loaded with wine, spirits, port, you name it. Not just one bottle - six in some cases. Some had bought wine the day before in Busselton/Margaret River stop. I was gob smacked. So I rang my friend half an hour after they all re boarded, and sure enough - the whole lot went through. No confiscation.

Edited by dizzy1948

Hi all, we just got off sea princess in fremantle and I noticed many people taking wine on board in busselton. I actually approached security directly at their desk as you re boarded and asked them about taking additional wine on board at each port. Their answer was " no problem at all madam" and NO corkage if consumed in your stateroom. Only spirits are an issue and confiscated. Great news as we board Dawn princess in July and the same rules apply apparently. Also asked re power boards and no problem taking those on either. Quite a different story compared to Royal Caribbean, no extra wine and NO power boards. Sue

We have never had a problem with wine on our long cruises.... Gosh we carried a case on both our last 2 cruises.... And we happily paid corkage if we took any to dinner... $10 bottle with $15 corkage was still cheaper

A World cruise is bit more relaxed than a standard 7 day cruise....after all they have paid enough up front so should be able to take their own "supplies "with them.

But Princess policy still states..one bottle for each pax at embarkation only. Others may be taken on board subject to corkage, even if consumed in cabin. It is obvious the policy is not being adhered to on the WC, probably because alcohol sales targets are being met, due to the thirsty Aussies and Kiwis on board! Good luck to them, I love BYO ships.

Edited by NSWP

Les... I don't think I have been on a world cruise when the haven't run out of the more popular wines lol

Accidentally on purpose Gaz & Jo, 'run out of Jacobs Creek Riesling so as they can try and sell the Penfolds Grange. I like to take a few 2 litre casks of a decent 'chateau cardboard' on board, i.e. Banrock Station, they fit nicely in ye olde cabin refrigerator.

Yes, Aussies being Aussies I am sure the Sea Princess pax stocked up well in Freo for the thirsty 7 day Indian Ocean crossing. The bottlos in Freo do well from the cruise ships. I have no doubt though on board booze sales targets are being met, hence the liberal byo policy.

I am getting enjoyment from reading the blogs. My daily cruise fix as we do not sail until 17 Sept on ye olde Aurora. Fly out to LHR on 7 Sept on Cathay Pacific, tickets please !!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by NSWP

A World cruise is bit more relaxed than a standard 7 day cruise....after all they have paid enough up front so should be able to take their own "supplies "with them.

Another reason for the more relaxed alcohol situation could be because of the restrictions they face on this voyage to bring onboard more alcohol. When I was on my ship inspection of day 3 of this world cruise, the F&B manager was explaining the difficulties of picking up alcohol supplies throughout the cruise as one of their major ports to collect supplies was Dubai, and they were not allowed to collect alcohol supplies at this port. I guess allowing guests to bring on more alcohol than we normally hear of means that as a ship they go through less ship inventory / pax might be more understanding when stock runs low if they've been allowed to bring their own?

Edited by LuckiePuris