Question About MTP Cocktail Party

BigTimeCruiser

Would guess they can invite more folks to cocktail party vs luncheon, we have been to only one luncheon. Was very nice.

At cocktail party at 4pm, we would pass on, too early.

We generally skip the repeat passenger cocktail parties too -- drinks are very watered down.

The luncheons are so much nicer, but the last cocktail we attended was on the Grand Princess. It was an evening affair, and they held it in the One Five lounge. It was closed to all of the other Elite, Suite, and Platinum passengers. No limit on the drinks and plenty of fancy appetizers. :D

I attended several MTP on the Dawn Princess when they were held in the officers Wardroom. They had a whole section set up with fantastic appetizers, I've never seen anything close to those setups. That was a superb location for the party, the officers sure had a nice lounge/bar to relax in.

Would guess they can invite more folks to cocktail party vs luncheon, we have been to only one luncheon. Was very nice.

We generally skip the repeat passenger cocktail parties too -- drinks are very watered down.

The top 40 most traveled passengers, counted in days, are invited. It is the same amount for both the party and luncheon.

Of course it is up to you if you pass on an afternoon MTP party, but you will miss the best cocktail party on the ship.

The top 40 most traveled passengers, counted in days, are invited. It is the same amount for both the party and luncheon.

Of course it is up to you if you pass on an afternoon MTP party, but you will miss the best cocktail party on the ship.

Thanks for the tip, but 4 pm is very early, we always do late Traditional in MDR or Crown Grill for dinner.

Good grief, these cutbacks! A drink costs Princess what...less than $1? Put a time limit on it (as they always have) and let it just happen naturally. For most that would be 2 drinks, though I suppose a few might consume 4. If 10% do (4 passengers), that costs Princess less than $8 more per party and everyone leaves feeling honored and happy.

And, yes, I was one of those much maligned bean counters in real life. But the bean counters are the only ones who can point out how ridiculous some of these cutbacks are because they understand cost-benefit. And the cost of this one to Princess is way more than the benefit!

Normally, they invite the top 40 to either luncheon or cocktail party.

Last month on the Coral (Alaska), there was a cocktail party. They invited all 30 Elites and cut it off there.

I attended several MTP on the Dawn Princess when they were held in the officers Wardroom. They had a whole section set up with fantastic appetizers, I've never seen anything close to those setups. That was a superb location for the party, the officers sure had a nice lounge/bar to relax in.

Yes, ten years ago, on the old Regal Princess, we had a similar cocktail party in the officer's lounge area. That was really special.:cool:

Earlier this month we were invited to the MTP luncheon on the Star and it was wonderful. We learned that all Elites were invited since there were so many first time cruisers on the ship. It really is special and it would be nice if they would continue this tradition instead of a cocktail party.

Earlier this month we were invited to the MTP luncheon on the Star and it was wonderful. We learned that all Elites were invited since there were so many first time cruisers on the ship. It really is special and it would be nice if they would continue this tradition instead of a cocktail party.

Approximately how many were there at the lunch ?

We have always seen 40 or so.

I've read that if there aren't 40 elite level passengers then some platinum level passengers are invited to get the 40 most traveled passengers.

On the Crown in April the MTP cocktail party was held in Adagio with great appetizers & no drink limit.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've read that if there aren't 40 elite level passengers then some platinum level passengers are invited to get the 40 most traveled passengers.

On the Crown in April the MTP cocktail party was held in Adagio with great appetizers & no drink limit.

I have heard that too.

I enjoyed it when it was in Adagio. We have only had that happen once.

I have heard that too.

I enjoyed it when it was in Adagio. We have only had that happen once.

We've been invited on both of our Crown cruises in the past 10 months & both were held at Adagio which is a great venue. All five of our MTPs have been cocktail parties during port intensive 7-day cruises. We hope to make the cutoff for the elusive lunch I've read so much about on our 15-day r/t Hawaii cruise. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

The first time I went to the MTP cocktail party I was only a platinum member it was on a cruise to Alaska.

I think there were about 40 passengers. Now you know way they call me lucky LOL.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

We've been invited on both of our Crown cruises in the past 10 months & both were held at Adagio which is a great venue. All five of our MTPs have been cocktail parties during port intensive 7-day cruises. We hope to make the cutoff for the elusive lunch I've read so much about on our 15-day r/t Hawaii cruise. :D

We had one cocktail party in the Adagio too, but it was on the Emerald Princess. We ordered our favorite specialty tiramisu martinis. :D

Our last two cruises, back to back, were on the Caribbean Princess. Both cruises held a cocktail party in Sky Walkers. We will be on the Island next week. Has anyone attended the most traveled get together on the Island recently? Was it a lunch or a cocktail party. I sure do miss the lunch.

Last summer on our Alaska cruises the captain circle's host said that this policy was discontinued. On the northbound route, there were few enough elite that they could have invited platinum if they wanted. (Heck, they might have been able to do all the elite and platinum and not been much over the 40). On the southbound, they didn't hold it, and instead we were given a pass for dinner at the specialty restaurant. The host said that was the policy when they had under a certain number of elite.

Last summer on our Alaska cruises the captain circle's host said that this policy was discontinued. On the northbound route, there were few enough elite that they could have invited platinum if they wanted. (Heck, they might have been able to do all the elite and platinum and not been much over the 40). On the southbound, they didn't hold it, and instead we were given a pass for dinner at the specialty restaurant. The host said that was the policy when they had under a certain number of elite.

Thanks for the update & wonder if this is now fleetwide or like in this discussion where one ship limits drinks to two but other ships don't have a limit...standardization isn't always a strong point for Princess & sometimes each ship is like their own kingdom. ;)

We had just made elite on an Alaskan cruise and were #7 with #3 having 250 days.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks for the update & wonder if this is now fleetwide or like in this discussion where one ship limits drinks to two but other ships didn't have a limit...standardization isn't a strong point for Princess & sometimes each ship is like their own kingdom. ;)

We had just made elite on an Alaskan cruise and were #7 with #3 having 250 days.

I think every ship handles it a different way.

What qualifies you to go to MTP? I am Platinum and will be Elite on my 2nd day of

my next cruise! I have never heard of a MTP party, but I haven't cruised Princess in 15 years.

It's for the top 40 most traveled passengers & is based on the number of days sailed & not on cruises or cruise credits.

Edited by Astro Flyer

What qualifies you to go to MTP? I am Platinum and will be Elite on my 2nd day of

my next cruise! I have never heard of a MTP party, but I haven't cruised Princess in 15 years.

Good for you! However, you won't get any Elite benefits until the next cruise. It doesn't take effect mid cruise. The most travelled on the ships I've sailed recently all had thousands of days of sailing.