applying free specialty for WMD

cibaygirls

I am imagining the answer is no, but does anyone know if I would be able to forgo my complimentary specialty dining that I received as part of the 3 for free promotion, and apply that credit instead towards the Wine makers dinner?

Doesn't it say dinner in a specialty restaurant? If so that immediately rules out the wine makers dinner and the chef's table.

Just looked it up myself:

"Bookings on applicable sailings will receive a complimentary dinner for two in one of our onboard specialty restaurants, Sabatini's, Crown Grill, Bayou Cafe, or Sterling Steakhouse. Restaurants vary by ship and reservations will be made on your behalf by Princess. Special dining events that take place in Specialty restaurants are excluded from the dining offer."

Edited by capriccio

You can turn your Speciality dinner into OBC and then book the dining option of your choice. We did it on the Ruby in June so that we could try Share. Our sons decided not to do speciality dining at all. They just got the OBC and applied it to their shipboard account.

By the way, we enjoyed Share very much.

Cheers, Denise

I am imagining the answer is no, but does anyone know if I would be able to forgo my complimentary specialty dining that I received as part of the 3 for free promotion, and apply that credit instead towards the Wine makers dinner?

I guess not. Wine Makers Dinner is priced higher. It was $40 when Crown Grill was just $25 (now $29).

Thanks for the replies... didnt think my acronym would be so controversial ;) I didn't even make that connection. I thought I had seen that abbreviation used for winemakers dinner before. I guess I was really wondering is what dchip suggested. Could it be turned into OBC then applied to the winemakers. I do realize that it osts more. I have done it before and really enjoy it. Just thought since I would be on Regal I would try for that over the crown grill.

You can turn your Speciality dinner into OBC and then book the dining option of your choice. We did it on the Ruby in June so that we could try Share. Our sons decided not to do speciality dining at all. They just got the OBC and applied it to their shipboard account.

By the way, we enjoyed Share very much.

Cheers, Denise

Was the specialty dining a promotion through the cruise line? My TA gifted me a specialty dinner on a Crown cruise last November and, since I was sailing solo, I didn't want to use it, but they would not allow me to turn it in for OBC.

Was the specialty dining a promotion through the cruise line? My TA gifted me a specialty dinner on a Crown cruise last November and, since I was sailing solo, I didn't want to use it, but they would not allow me to turn it in for OBC.

Yes, ours was with the Sip and Sail promotion. Princess has never been known for its consistency. We may have just gotten lucky!!

Cheers, Denise

Thanks for the replies... didnt think my acronym would be so controversial ;) I didn't even make that connection. I thought I had seen that abbreviation used for winemakers dinner before. I guess I was really wondering is what dchip suggested. Could it be turned into OBC then applied to the winemakers. I do realize that it osts more. I have done it before and really enjoy it. Just thought since I would be on Regal I would try for that over the crown grill.

If it is able to be turned into OBC, then the OBC could be used for anything including the WMD.

If they are not willing to turn it into OBC, ask if you can apply it to the cost of the WMD and then pay for the difference in costs. You may need to ask more than one person to get the answer you want (including asking the Maitre d').