live from the Caribbean princess-excellent!

tml1230

WOW, just wow.....the CP is outstanding....glad we didn't pay attention to some of the negative reports we read.....

we flew into London the same day as embarkation (which we never do but couldn't turn down EZ air price.....all was good with EZ Air

we have 26 cruises with Princess...this was by far the fastest embarkation ever.... in Southampton...

So far we have only have eaten at the buffet...some of best variety and quality ever....ship is in GREAT shape...still looking for all the "run down" parts....as usual staff is outstanding.

I noticed little cards in buffet area for the first time... on every table....i will paraphrase..." please don't sit here all day playing cards and reading when folks are looking for a place to sit and eat"...or words to that effect.

first time with the sip and sail program....after one day we put it to use pretty hard...best idea ever since they started putting pockets on T shirts.....

we got note in our room ...elite laundry may take 3 days due to all the elites on this cruise....i am sure this will generate calls and protests for a super secret "double special elite" status...

if you have a cruise on this ship planned, i really think you all enjoy it....sadly,we only have 28 more days left on this cruise.

Nice to hear you are so pleased with the lovely Caribbean Princess. A few months ago I did 30 days on her, 18 days Ft Lauderdale to Southampton and then the 12 day BI itinerary, and was very happy with everything about her and her crew.

WOW, just wow.....the CP is outstanding....glad we didn't pay attention to some of the negative reports we read.....

we flew into London the same day as embarkation (which we never do but couldn't turn down EZ air price.....all was good with EZ Air

we have 26 cruises with Princess...this was by far the fastest embarkation ever.... in Southampton...

So far we have only have eaten at the buffet...some of best variety and quality ever....ship is in GREAT shape...still looking for all the "run down" parts....as usual staff is outstanding.

I noticed little cards in buffet area for the first time... on every table....i will paraphrase..." please don't sit here all day playing cards and reading when folks are looking for a place to sit and eat"...or words to that effect.

first time with the sip and sail program....after one day we put it to use pretty hard...best idea ever since they started putting pockets on T shirts.....

we got note in our room ...elite laundry may take 3 days due to all the elites on this cruise....i am sure this will generate calls and protests for a super secret "double special elite" status...

if you have a cruise on this ship planned, i really think you all enjoy it....sadly,we only have 28 more days left on this cruise.

FYI,The CP designation is used for Sea Princess,Caribbean is CB.

sadly,we only have 28 more days left on this cruise.

DRAT!!! Wish I was you!;)

Glad to hear about your impressions of the Caribbean. We haven't been on her for several years. Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures. Have fun!

This makes me more excited to sail her again in November!

We took a cruise on CB to celebrate our 50th Anniversary in March 2016. We had read all the naysayers negative comments about her. It turned out to be one of the best cruises we have ever taken on any cruise line including some of the luxury lines. The crew, the food, the entertainment and the ship met or exceeded our expectations.

So happy you are experiencing the same level of service.

Henry

can u identify the source of that official designation? thanks from the CP

Princess ship designators

Main fleet:-

CB - Caribbean Princess

CO - Coral Princess

KP - Crown Princess

DP - Dawn Princess

DI - Diamond Princess

EP - Emerald Princess

NP - Golden Princess

AP - Grand Princess

IP - Island Princess

MJ - Majestic Princess

GP - Regal Princess

RP - Royal Princess

RU - Ruby Princess

SA - Sapphire Princess

CP - Sea Princess

TP - Star Princess

SP - Sun Princess

The Small Ships of Princess:-

PA - Pacific Princess

OP - Ocean Princess

Following with great interest. We sail on her November 5th! Can't wait to hear all about her.

can u identify the source of that official designation? thanks from the CP
Thanks to a previous post from Pam in CA, when you select information regarding a specific ship on the Princess website the two letter identifier is included in the URL.

For the Caribbean the URL is:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cb/

For the Sea the URL is:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/cp/

For the Crown the URL is:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/kp/

For the Coral the URL is:

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/co/

Someone else has already provided a list for all Princess ships.

can u identify the source of that official designation? Thanks from the cp

fwiw:

now that the website's ships page lists the ships in alphabetical order, this is the current list of official two-letter ship designators. You can see the designator in the url for each ship's page......................

The website: http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/

Edited by ar1950

Enjoy your 28 day cruise on the Caribbean Princess. When you get to New York City on Sept. 22 we will be boarding this wonderful ship to take your place for our 10 day Canada/New England cruise. Have a wonderful cruise, I'll be following along on your journey.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

So glad to hear. Thanks for letting us know. We'll be on her in October for New England/Canada cruise but only for 10 days.

How are the mattresses? I understand the new bedding isn't in place yet, right?

We just got off the Caribbean Princess in Southampton. I don't know if they had the new mattresses; I never thought to ask. The mattress in our mini-suite, however, was the most comfortable we have ever had on any previous Princess ship (including the Caribbean Princess).

We just got off the Caribbean Princess in Southampton. I don't know if they had the new mattresses; I never thought to ask. The mattress in our mini-suite, however, was the most comfortable we have ever had on any previous Princess ship (including the Caribbean Princess).

I haven't seen mattresses being changed out, but yesterday there were a bunch of huge boxes on our floor and stewards were exchanging pillows.....our mattress , on lido deck anyway...is like new if not new...now if i can get my wife to stop snoring i will be all set!

day 3 and i am still very impressed with the variety and quality of food in horizon court...i keep commenting to my wife that how can ONE ship get the buffet so right...so consistently? you think they could do it fleet wide?...obviously a real credit to the crew in charge of food.

If you haven't been to Cobh (Cork) Ireland i suggest putting on your bucket list...sadlly we are preparing to leave here in an hour.....what a wonderful place...the people and the scenery. I fall in with a large group of Americans who see no good choices in the upcoming election, so perhaps i should return to the home of my ancestors here in Cork Ireland...i can dream!

Edited by tml1230