Coffee cards

Sonatina1990

So I'm planning on purchasing a coffee card on our next cruise and my question is... When I purchased a card on our last cruise they charged a gratuity charge of 15% and when I went to pre-pay for one it looked like it was not being charged. I always tip the bartsia for my drinks cause they have always been so wonderful. So is it true you aren't charged since you are pre-paying and not on the ship? Or will they tack it on somewhere on my bill when we leave port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I'm planning on purchasing a coffee card on our next cruise and my question is... When I purchased a card on our last cruise they charged a gratuity charge of 15% and when I went to pre-pay for one it looked like it was not being charged. I always tip the bartsia for my drinks cause they have always been so wonderful. So is it true you aren't charged since you are pre-paying and not on the ship? Or will they tack it on somewhere on my bill when we leave port?

Whether prepaying or purchasing on the ship the price is now the same & both add the 15% tip to the purchase price...$35.65 ($31+$4.65 tip).

Premium Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise.

Item #2403 $35.65

Edited by Astro Flyer

Is it possible to get free gelato with an AIBP?

I haven't had the AIBP but have read posts that mostly said "no" but occasionally "yes" so it varies.

I've read that the AIBP is usable for coffee drinks at the IC however being an All Inclusive "Beverage" Package it's doubtful to me if gelato is officially included. It wouldn't hurt to ask at the newer Grand-class ships that have gelato at the IC ($1.50/3scoops) or at Gelato's ($3.50) which has many options including sundaes & on some sea day afternoons had freshly made crepes.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_gelato.pdf

(Price at Gelato's increased from $2.75 to $3.50 since this menu was posted).

Edited by Astro Flyer

I haven't had the AIBP but have read posts that mostly said "no" but occasionally "yes" so it varies.

I've read that the AIBP is usable for coffee drinks at the IC however being an All Inclusive "Beverage" Package it's doubtful to me if gelato is officially included. It wouldn't hurt to ask at the newer Grand-class ships that have gelato at the IC ($1.50/3scoops) or at Gelato's ($3.50) which has many options including sundaes & on some sea day afternoons had freshly made crepes.

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/m_gelato.pdf

(Price at Gelato's increased from $2.75 to $3.50 since this menu was posted).

Thanks.

In what circumstances weren't you able to use the remainder on another cruise?

Or did you mean you don't always have leftovers?

I was not allowed to use it on a subsequent cruise, different ship. It was written on the back. Others have said they could use it. In other words: YMMV.

If I have a Coffee Card (with punches available), can I get two brewed coffees at the same time (one for myself, one for my wife)?

If you mean on the cruise you purchased the card and you are asking for the "free" fresh brewed, the answer is "no" as the fresh brewed feature is for the person that has the card, not for that person plus someone else.

Our experience has been you can use the used card for brewed coffee but they use a punch for it;)

That has certainly been the case and you can understand why. Brewed coffee is cheaper than specialty coffee, so it's to Princess' advantage if you use up a punch for it rather than indulge in a salted caramel cappuccino or whatever.

If you mean on the cruise you purchased the card and you are asking for the "free" fresh brewed, the answer is "no" as the fresh brewed feature is for the person that has the card, not for that person plus someone else.

Yup, that's exactly what I mean, and thank you. The card is cheap enough that we can each get one and get full use of it (on a 15 day cruise), but it would have been great if we could just share one instead.

Yup, that's exactly what I mean, and thank you. The card is cheap enough that we can each get one and get full use of it (on a 15 day cruise), but it would have been great if we could just share one instead.

On the Ruby last week, I bought one coffee card for 2 people to share on a 7-night cruise. One night, I asked for 2 hot teas at the same time (no punches), and it was not a problem. Granted, it was late at night with no line. There also was no problem with ordering a latte and a brewed coffee at the same time. We ended up with 2 punches leftover, which I gave to someone boarding the ship as we left it.

So, perhaps buy one coffee card to start and see how it goes with your baristas.

On the Ruby last week they punched for brewed coffee using an unpunched , unsigned, "old" style card. Didn't matter as I enjoyed a large Americano espresso which my daughter taught me to drink since I like plain strong brewed coffee .