Silly question about room service for deluxe balcony stateroom...

RHONDA L

Princess said that there is 24hr room service. Then I read that there is an additional charge for using it ($45.00 for breakfast).

Can so some please explain this for us? This is our first trip and my Mom and I keep coming up with questions. We have found several answers on here, and we both thank you all so much for all of your assistance.

Princess said that there is 24hr room service. Then I read that there is an additional charge for using it ($45.00 for breakfast).

Can so some please explain this for us? This is our first trip and my Mom and I keep coming up with questions. We have found several answers on here, and we both thank you all so much for all of your assistance.

Is that the Ultimate Balcony breakfast thing? Regular old rooms service does not charge (beyond $3 for pizza for some reason.)

Hi RhondaL,

I think what you're referring to is the Ultimate Balcony breakfast at a cost of $45. You get heaps and heaps of food and some champagne. In my opinion it's not worth doing, however I have done the Ultimate balcony dinner which is well worth doing. Back to your original question-room service is free except for some items such as coffee (I think) and Pizza. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Trish

Room service is free other then the small fee for a pizza.

The limited menu can be found in the stateroom folder.

There is a door hang tag left for you each night for continental type breakfast. You list the time you want it delivered and check off the items you want. Hang it outside the door in the evening and they will come by and pick it up.

We always keep dollar bills to tip the RS staff upon delivery.

$2 or so.

I once had that breakfast charged to my folio for a breakfast with champagne.

My understanding is that the $3 charge for Pizza is the the extra running they have to do to get the pizza and for the box.

Possibly also to deter drunks with the munchies who order pizza at silly o'clock in the morning and then fall asleep before it is delivered.

We do room service breakfast every cruise no charge, we do tip the person who delivers.

I suspect the quote you have of $45 is for a special champagne breakfast. That is different that the normal room service order.

Possibly also to deter drunks with the munchies who order pizza at silly o'clock in the morning and then fall asleep before it is delivered.
It was implemented due to teens ordering day and night, leaving lots of it uneaten and making a mess with pizza fights. When you order pizza room service, you get a whole pie, not just a slice. There was a lot of waste.

The only room service breakfast available on princess is the continental. no cooked stuff. No charge for this. I think the only cabins that get full breakfast for room service is the full suite. Unless you get the ultimate breakfast as others have described which you have to pay for.

The continental is very nice. juice coffee tea cereal rolls buns etc.

I think the room service menu is in the cabin. no charge.

marge

My understanding is that the $3 charge for Pizza is the the extra running they have to do to get the pizza and for the box.

Do you get it free if he comes late and the pizza is cold :eek:

Sorry I could not help my self LOL

Tony

The only room service breakfast available on princess is the continental. no cooked stuff.

marge

The only hot cooked item on the free room service breakfast menu is an Egg, Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Muffin sandwich.

scan0020_zpsc9272f74.jpg
Edited by Astro Flyer

Thanks Astro Flyer for the breakfast menu. We tried room service breakfast on our cruise with RCI but only once. Thought it would be a timer saver on port days but the eggs, bacon and hash browns were cold when arrived. This menu seems like it would be easier for the kitchen to execute.

Here are photos of the free room service menu posted by Jasperdo:

Tuna sandwich and hot dog. Both good. I would avoid the lasagne. Every time I have ordered the soup, it arrives not hot enough. See, all this talk of food is making me even more anxious for my cruise in two weeks. :D