are Delux Canapes actually edible

Loreni

We will have black cards on our next cruise. Ironically, we are getting a bit restless and wonder if the grass is greener elsewhere or if we should take more land-based vacations. Princess is probably OK with this since they make more money from first-time cruisers.

Still we are looking forward to priority tendering and (maybe) the Delux Canapes. Unfortunately, nearly everything I have read here is negative. Are they really that bad? Some report they were left in the cabin at room temperature. If they contain fish paste, shrimp, or other seafood, that can't be good.

Can we request something simple and safer like cheese and crackers instead?

We will have black cards on our next cruise. Ironically, we are getting a bit restless and wonder if the grass is greener elsewhere or if we should take more land-based vacations. Princess is probably OK with this since they make more money from first-time cruisers.

Still we are looking forward to priority tendering and (maybe) the Delux Canapes. Unfortunately, nearly everything I have read here is negative. Are they really that bad? Some report they were left in the cabin at room temperature. If they contain fish paste, shrimp, or other seafood, that can't be good.

I've never tried to request something else. The canapes aren't very good, so I don't usually order them.

You used to be able to choose from a selection which canapés you would like to order and that selection used to include Chocolate dipped strawberries which very good. When I cruised with Princess last year I was very disappointed to find that strawberries were no longer on the list. The other choices had no appeal for me so I stopped ordering. Yet another erosion of my elite benefits.

"priority tendering and (maybe) the Delux Canapes" of these two benefits the only thing worthwhile left is the tendering. They've pretty much eliminated the strawberries lately & the other items are terrible. We used to save the strawberries to eat later the next day but why should I eat something like tasteless canapes before going to a decent dinner? :(

We've given up on ordering any of them.

When I cruised with Princess last year I was very disappointed to find that strawberries were no longer on the list.

Oh no! During dinner tonight DD commented the thing she was looking forward to the most on our next cruise was the strawberries :eek:

Agree with the others, unfortunately there is nothing deluxe about the canapés they offer.

We never eat them and offer them to the neighbors. :rolleyes:

Oh no! During dinner tonight DD commented the thing she was looking forward to the most on our next cruise was the strawberries :eek:

Agree with the others, unfortunately there is nothing deluxe about the canapés they offer.

They have been gone for awhile.

I think you can still order them for $8.

They have been serving the same canapés for as long as I can remember. It is time for a change.

We don't order them anymore. We turn them away on the first day if they are delivered when we are in the cabin but most times, they are already sitting on the coffee table.

I only liked the canapes when they offered the strawberries. Now I write "Strawberries and if no strawberries nothing" on the slip. Sometimes I am lucky and they deliver the strawberries. Once they delivered chocolates instead. They were very good.

Not that you asked but the canapes are also gone from the Captains repeater party. (not that they were any good to really care about) ;)

The Captain's party canapes are much better than the Elite ones (and they haven't disappeared from every ship.)

The Captain's party canapes are much better than the Elite ones (and they haven't disappeared from every ship.)

I don't believe they had them on the Royal last year & for sure they didn't on the Emerald early this year, but they still stink IMO. Not worth ruining your appetite for a couple of hot dogs or dry out whatever they used to serve.

The only canapes I've ever had that were decent were at the MTP but that was after dinner & I wasn't hungry anyway. ;)

Ranking elite benefits, especially on a longer cruise.

1. Laundry!!

2. Coffee cards as a trade out for the bar setup (some will keep the bar)

3. Tender priority especially if 2 or 3 tender ports on the cruise

4. 10% off in the shops

Way low on any list-deluxe canapés, not very good