Emerald Princess, Emerald Deck #E733 Question...

wizard-of-roz

I was just on the Emerald Princess in E732 (The Ocho Rios Suite) which appears to be the twin/mirror image of E733 (The Montego Bay Suite.) There is a large beam on the balcony but the balcony is so large that it wasn't an issue. In E732, the beam was to the left side of the balcony, near the wall separating it from the adjoining balcony. In E733, it's probably on the right side. The balcony was set up with a round dining table and three chairs, as well as two lounge chairs. So there's plenty of unobstructed room.

We've had at least 2 of those aft balconies with the post. It's a non-issue.

The ones we've had there was room in front of the post for a chair in the sun and lots of room behind it for some time in the shade. Those balconies are big, so lots of room to move around.

It sounds good to me :D

Tony

We stayed in that exact cabin - Emerald Princess E733. Yes, there was a beam, but it doesn't affect the view. It is off to the right, so there is still room for the loungers, as well as the table and chairs. One thing to note, we had only 3 chairs around the table, not 4. I don't know if it was because of a lack of space, or simply an oversight.

I booked an Alaskan cruise onboard the Emerald, for April, 2018, in #E733 and I noticed it says that there is a post on the veranda that will block the view. Is this something that bothered you? Will it hamper our view to the point of distraction?

We had e733 before on the Golden and a comparable vista suite on dolphin deck and the posts are large but blocked only one set of sliders, the sliders in the bedroom portion. As I recall, it blocked about half the slider. I really liked the blockage, however, as I would Pull my lounger behind it to hide from the sunlight at certain times of the day. It never was an issue for my husband or myself though and didn't impinge on our ability to enjoy the balcony

As mentioned above, e733 has 3 chairs around the dining table due to the narrower contour of that cabin's balcony. The balcony on dolphin deck was large and could accommodate 4 chairs around the table and the table itself had a wider circumference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

I've been in aft suites with the pillar -- loved the shade they provide.

I've never been in Emerald deck aft suite, but I have read comments about noise from deck 7 Club Fusion late at night. Of course, I've also read comments that there was no noise!

If you have an option, I recommend a cabin with cabins on the decks above and below yours just in case.

I've been in aft suites with the pillar -- loved the shade they provide.

I've never been in Emerald deck aft suite, but I have read comments about noise from deck 7 Club Fusion late at night. Of course, I've also read comments that there was no noise!

If you have an option, I recommend a cabin with cabins on the decks above and below yours just in case.

I've been in Mini-Suites on the Port side of the ship and the noise from Club Fushion were horrendous, I know what you're referring to. I specifically chose the Starboard Suite because I thought I could avoid the bandstand of the club below......It would be just my luck to have the bandstand the opposite side on the Emerald.

Actually, I only heard the noise once while onboard the Crown. It was a constant drum beating and it did go on until around 11:00pm but only when I was on the Port side.

Thanks for your input!

Emerald Princess cabin E733 should look just like the attached photo:

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger view.

The photo came from this website that has all the obstructed photos for Princess ships:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-701--731

264118636_Emerald20E733.jpg.e4d0340416959ef859518343f480e098.jpg

Edited by jasmith52

Emerald Princess cabin E733 should look just like the attached photo:

Click on the thumbnail for a bigger view.

The photo came from this website that has all the obstructed photos for Princess ships:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/crown-princess/cabins-701--731

Thank you. This gives me an idea of how big the beam is.

As I mentioned upthread, I had E732 on the Emerald and was initially concerned about the Club Fusion noise because I'd read comments here about it. But it was really not an issue. Most of the very late night events on the ship took place at Skywalker's, not Club Fusion. I don't think I ever heard anything after 10PM or a bit later. And it wasn't ever horrendously noisy -- just some beat sounds.

One minor advantage to these rooms -- on Day 1 when you do the muster drill, you can exit your room and go away from the hallway toward the corner of the ship where there's an emergency stairwell that takes you down one flight and right into Club Fusion, which is your muster station. Since your little "private" hallway only has one other room on it, hardly anyone knows about or uses this exit route, so you don't have to deal with hordes of people on the main staircases.

As I mentioned upthread, I had E732 on the Emerald and was initially concerned about the Club Fusion noise because I'd read comments here about it. But it was really not an issue. Most of the very late night events on the ship took place at Skywalker's, not Club Fusion. I don't think I ever heard anything after 10PM or a bit later. And it wasn't ever horrendously noisy -- just some beat sounds.

One minor advantage to these rooms -- on Day 1 when you do the muster drill, you can exit your room and go away from the hallway toward the corner of the ship where there's an emergency stairwell that takes you down one flight and right into Club Fusion, which is your muster station. Since your little "private" hallway only has one other room on it, hardly anyone knows about or uses this exit route, so you don't have to deal with hordes of people on the main staircases.

Love quiet, private hallways!

Handsome Horton says "Hi" right back at you!!!! He's having a mani-pedi today and he also likes visiting with the other dogs!

Will we be seeing you on any of our future cruises?

Are you doing the Baltics next summer? :) Everyone, Horton is the sweetest service dog on the high seas. You should have seen him in tux in his formal night picture on the 50th Annviersary cruise.