Case of water

QTBabyNurse

As far as I know there are no restrictions on cases of water brought on board. But they also have a reasonably priced cases of water for ~$7(12 bottles) if you purchase in advance. Saves lugging water on board

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone! We have done this before with other cruise lines without difficulty but wasn't sure about Princess. I have also purchased a case of water onboard as suggested on another cruise line but they were larger bottles and a pain to carry around not to mention that some bottled water brands have a strange taste, so that is why we like to bring our own. I appreciate all your responses! :)

Thanks everyone! We have done this before with other cruise lines without difficulty but wasn't sure about Princess. I have also purchased a case of water onboard as suggested on another cruise line but they were larger bottles and a pain to carry around not to mention that some bottled water brands have a strange taste, so that is why we like to bring our own. I appreciate all your responses! :)

I think Princess offers a 12 pack onboard.

Good price and not the huge bottles.

We brought along a case of water last year on the Coral Princess with a couple of luggage tags taped to the case. This year will probably buy it online before the cruise.

Princess offers 12-500ml bottled waters for $6.90. You must pre purchase online. Once aboard you must call (room service?) to have it delivered and you must also be there to sign for it.

We have & we put luggage tags on it and gave it to porter with luggage in FL

But when we sailed out of Port of Huston 2 years ago they would not take it with the luggage. We had to carry it on. Luckily we taped it real good with packing tape and had made a handle on it.

This year ordered online,the price is reasonable. I don't mind the water in dining room but water in room doesn't taste the same to me. I know they say its all the same. We do bring our own drinking cup it keeps it colder.

Do suggest if you are going to bring your case of water tape it up real good with packing tape or it might not make it to your room.

But when we sailed out of Port of Huston 2 years ago they would not take it with the luggage. We had to carry it on. Luckily we taped it real good with packing tape and had made a handle on it.

Same in LA.

Does anyone know if you can bring a 24-pack of water onboard from Port Everglades?

It amazes me that people will want to shlep water on board, when it's free either from the tap or the machine in HC:rolleyes:

It amazes me that people will want to shlep water on board, when it's free either from the tap or the machine in HC:rolleyes:

I don't get it either. Seems like such a hassle to carry. Unless it for some type of medical need, why not use the ship's VERY GOOD water or buy bottled water on board. The minimal amount you are saving by carrying it compared to the overall cost of your vacation is a drop in the bucket - pun intended!

But when we sailed out of Port of Huston 2 years ago they would not take it with the luggage. We had to carry it on.

Same experience in Houston.

The porter said "No Liquids"

I gave my luggage to a different porter.

He said "Thank you for the tip."

I don't get it either. Seems like such a hassle to carry. Unless it for some type of medical need, why not use the ship's VERY GOOD water or buy bottled water on board. The minimal amount you are saving by carrying it compared to the overall cost of your vacation is a drop in the bucket - pun intended!

We bring our water because if we don't DH legs and feet swell up, I can drink the ship's water but hubby can't, don't know why. But for him it makes a big difference. Go figure ...

Cori

I appreciate your concern about how much the $3.99 case of bottled water is costing us, but it is not the cost that is a concern. We just happen to like the taste of the bottled water that we have become accustomed to. Simple as that. :D

We bring our water because if we don't DH legs and feet swell up, I can drink the ship's water but hubby can't, don't know why. But for him it makes a big difference. Go figure ...

Cori

Your DH is not alone, I have the same issue which is why we bring bottled water along in ports where it is convenient, and trade out our mini-bar for bottled water in other situations.

I think, although the tap water is distilled and/or filtered, they do add a bit of salt to it for taste purposes. I seem to react to that.

Cori

Another option would be to request the one gallon jug of distilled water that you can order on the Personalizer. It's supposed to be for CPAP users...I won't tell. ;)

Another option would be to request the one gallon jug of distilled water that you can order on the Personalizer. It's supposed to be for CPAP users...I won't tell. ;)

Have you ever tasted distilled water? You probably won't try it twice.

No salt added. Most likely the food.

When we bring the water he still eats the same food and his legs and feet don't swell, so it doesn't' seem to be that. True they cook with more salt than I do at home, but we are careful with our choices in food as well. If his legs and feet are all swollen, then it is not a good cruise for him, even with compression hose, etc. Bringing the water makes a difference for him. So we are glad we are able to bring the water, for me the ship water is fine.

Cori

Have you considered just bringing a refillable water bottle? The water on the ship is fine to drink, it's filtered to a "fare thee well". It's actually cleaner and better than most bottled water, since almost all bottled water started life at a municipal faucet.

How do you suggest cleaning and sanitizing your refillable water

bottle during the cruise? In the bathroom sink, that 1000 previous

passengers have spit into?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/11/warning-over-refillable-water-bottles-is-yours-harbouring-danger/