Upgrade- small but still upgrade

latin princess

Just got cabin assignment for cruise start of May. Booked a classic balcony guarantee, got assigned a premium balcony mid ship deck 6.

Not sure if this is just luck or if part of the new Costa Club stuff as one of the perks is an upgrade if take more cruises than last year- but yet to work out how that one works- last cruise was less than a year ago, but not sure if its within 12 months or within a calendar year

Whatever the reason not complaining- first balcony for me and first cruise for Hubby

Good for you. Looks like it is just a cabin assignment, Costa not having enough Classic Balcony cabins. The big question is will you also ge all the premium cabin perks? Let us know.

This is not part of the new Costa Club up grade. The time frame is calendar year, if you took one in 2015 and have booked two in 2016 then for the 2nd. cruise you would get a cabin upgrade, inside to outside, outside to balcony. For Pearl Gold and Pearl Diamond the the upgrade is to a suite. Another rule is that the cabin category classic or premium has not changed.

I have been upgraded from a classic cabin to a premium one 2 times and I have never received the premium perks so I think you will only have a premium cabin with classic only amenities.

I agree with G.M.T about the fact that this is not a Costa Club upgrade

To be honest there really are not a lot of perks any way. Better position and extra points are the only ones I have taken advantage of in past. (Usually book premium but this time paid to move from premium ocean view to classic balcony ad was only £20 extra so worth it)

• 2 weeks later...

Been upgraded twice. Once on NeoRomantica fro inside to very noisy outside and once on Diadema from Balcony(not sure whether premium) to a very fancy Samsara suite with a jacuzzi on the balconi but obviously none of the privileges.

Hubby is Golden pearl and I am still Pearl. Apparently previously spent more on his card. We cruised three times last year and is just about to go on our second this year and no upgrades.It looks to me as if you need to cruise more times than the previous year before you get an upgrade during the current year. A bit of a bummer.

Leaving on Sunday on the Pacifica and cannot wait. Cats had their flee drops today in anticipation going to the cat hotel and one is so suspicious that she is refusing to come out for supper. Having said that, I also dragged her off to the vet this morning for blood tests. Bad mummy!