Diadema Samsara Suite

Wmp7

Has anyone experienced the Samsara Suite and any associated perks on Diadema? If so, please share... Booked for a Med cruise in 2016 and trying to determine if the Samsara Suite is the right choice for us.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I just disembarked a Samsara cabin on the Fascinosa and much to my chagrin there was now a $28.50 surcharge even for Samsara cabin occupants to dine in the samsara restaurant.

Moreover the brindiamo drinks package doesn't include bottled water. They give you a glass at a time. Forget about it.

I just disembarked a Samsara cabin on the Fascinosa and much to my chagrin there was now a $28.50 surcharge even for Samsara cabin occupants to dine in the samsara restaurant.

Moreover the brindiamo drinks package doesn't include bottled water. They give you a glass at a time. Forget about it.

The drinks package has not included the bottle for some time now. Way too much waste I expect. Glass at a time...

Brindiamo the cheap and cheerful package at €24.99, all drinks by the glass (has never ever been stated by the bottle), no cocktails.

Più Gusto package, same as Brindiamo but includes cocktails at €27.99.By the glass.

Intenditore package at €45.99 same as Più Gusto, but includes premium brands. Also only by the glass.

Did you book a Samsara cabin or were you upgraded to one?

The $28.50 charge, was that a daily per person or a one off charge?

On the German Costa website it talks about a new menu for the Samsara Restaurant, it's called Pacific Fusion. Also a note (small font) stating it is an additional charge was introduced 5th. December 2015 on the Costa Diadema and will be rolled out Spring 2016 to Costa Fascinosa, Costa Favolosa, Costa Deliziosa, Costa Luminosa, Costa Pacifica und Costa neoRomantica. Doesn't say how much the charge is.

Just off the Diadema in a Samsara cabin allowed to eat there if you are now Perla Diamante only, the old type of Samsara Restaurant appears to have gone, yet one couple informed us that Suite guest can eat there.

Have only tried it once, can't say it was much better than MDR at that time, still serving healthy food. but the Club Restaurant is awesome, ate there twice worth the money.

Just off the Diadema in a Samsara cabin allowed to eat there if you are now Perla Diamante only, the old type of Samsara Restaurant appears to have gone, yet one couple informed us that Suite guest can eat there.

Have only tried it once, can't say it was much better than MDR at that time, still serving healthy food. but the Club Restaurant is awesome, ate there twice worth the money.

Assuming "Perla Diamante" is a high level frequent cruiser status, I ,for one, will never achieve it. (See my recent Fascinosa review titled "Caveat Emptor, etc." http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=618 )

Edited by pmacher61

• 2 months later...
Assuming "Perla Diamante" is a high level frequent cruiser status, I ,for one, will never achieve it. (See my recent Fascinosa review titled "Caveat Emptor, etc." http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=618 )

I'm wondering if they were confused between the Samsara restaurant and the Club ____________ a la carte restaurants. From what I understand, starting in early June 2016 suite guests and high level frequent cruisers will have dedicated dining in the Club restaurants. Samsara is still an extra charge for everyone other than those staying in a Samsara spa room.

My family is staying in a suite on the Favolosa in late June. I'll be sure to report back re the restaurant entitlements/changes.

I'm wondering if they were confused between the Samsara restaurant and the Club ____________ a la carte restaurants. From what I understand, starting in early June 2016 suite guests and high level frequent cruisers will have dedicated dining in the Club restaurants. Samsara is still an extra charge for everyone other than those staying in a Samsara spa room.

My family is staying in a suite on the Favolosa in late June. I'll be sure to report back re the restaurant entitlements/changes.

Hi Laurin612,

Is this what you found out about the new suite perks, that the dedicated restaurant for suites will be the Club restaurants? The reason I'm asking is that the website was saying a dedicated restaurant or a section of the MDR for suites, again not very specific....

Thanks,

tnt10

Hi Laurin612,

Is this what you found out about the new suite perks, that the dedicated restaurant for suites will be the Club restaurants? The reason I'm asking is that the website was saying a dedicated restaurant or a section of the MDR for suites, again not very specific....

Thanks,

tnt10

Yes. My husband was told that the dedicated restaurant for suite guests would be the Club restaurant.