Any thoughts/reviews on the CC waverunner excursion?

perditax

Considering booking this for two. I know you have to play follow-the-leader, but do they let you go reasonably fast?

About how long is it? Is there an advantage to doing it at a specific time? Any other hints? I don't see this one get mentioned much.

The basic info provided by the DCL website states 1 hour.

That's a good place to get basic info.

If you read it, that includes a 15 minute safety briefing.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cruises-destinations/shore-excursions/castaway-cay/watercraft-ski-adventure-single/

Watercraft Ski Adventure – Single Rider (C12)

At a Glance

Activity Type: Splashtacular and Active Adventures and Nature Adventures

Activity Level: ActiveHelp

Duration: 1 hour

Adult Price: $100.25 (ages 18 and up)

Ages: 18 And Up

On this tour you will:

Prepare to make waves and pilot your own WaveRunner and head for open water after a 15-minute safety orientation where you will learn about the important hand signals and separation distances.

Skim the translucent blue waters of Castaway Cay as you pass your Disney Cruise Line ship on your way out of the lagoon.

Follow your guide to 2 stops (weather permitting) where you will learn about the fascinating history of the local Abacos region, including stories of the area's abundant marine life, unique ecology–and even which pirates frequented these waters.

Then it's time to hold on tight once more as you soak up the sun and race across the stunning Caribbean Sea.

After approximately 45 minutes (including the scheduled stops), enter the protected waters of the lagoon once more as your tour concludes at Boat Beach, in the heart of all the Castaway fun.

Additional Information

Wheelchairs (collapsible or electric) are not permitted. Tour operators will deny participation to Guests arriving in wheelchairs or electric scooters.

This tour is not recommended for Guests with limited mobility.

Maximum weight capacity is 375 pounds.

Guests board the WaveRunner from the water.

This tour is guided and includes a 15-minute briefing. Time aboard the WaveRunner is approximately 45 minutes.

Guests are recommended to wear water shoes or sandals, as well as eyeglass straps.

Guests are asked to arrive at Boat Beach 5 minutes prior to their start time to check in.

Due to limited availability, Guests are encouraged to book early.

As for speed, I've seen video's of them going fast, but the wave height will dictate your speed and that of your leader.

I hope you have smooth seas.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

We were on the Jet ski excursion in May at CC and had a BLAST. As long as you can climb up the back of the jet ski in shallow water you'll be fine. Chances are extremely slim that you will fall off "for some odd reason" in deeper water and require to climb back on. You do play follow the leader, but the leader went plenty fast. I highly recommend this tour.

We were on the Jet ski excursion in May at CC and had a BLAST. As long as you can climb up the back of the jet ski in shallow water you'll be fine. Chances are extremely slim that you will fall off "for some odd reason" in deeper water and require to climb back on. You do play follow the leader, but the leader went plenty fast. I highly recommend this tour.

Thank you!

I had a similar experience.

The ride was 40-45 minutes. We did go fast, and while we "followed" the leader, we also were encouraged to spread out to avoid each others wake.

If it gets too windy, all rides are cancelled, but of course then you won't be charged for the excursion. Perhaps the weather might be better earlier in the morning than later in the day.

Thanks again for the responses, booked just now (while the DCL site is briefly functional) for 9am on CC day. That should be ... bracing.

A great exhilarating start to the day! Hope you have an amazing time at CC!

ex techie

if you book a double wave runner, will they let you switch in the middle? e.g., i booked one with my wife but if she feels adventurous she might want to drive after some point.

or should we just book two singles?

i didn't realize that it was follow the leader (which is fine i guess).

if you book a double wave runner, will they let you switch in the middle? e.g., i booked one with my wife but if she feels adventurous she might want to drive after some point.

Have no answer but we wondered the same thing. We opted for singles.

When I did this we stopped at a beach for a short while and got off the jet skis. Then back on for the ride back. So, no problem changing places if you want.

Would have liked the ability to ride around on your own for a while, but other than that, it was a fun excursion.