disney sticker luggage tags-1st time on DCL

Laurba99

Hi

Just received cruise book today with contract and luggage tags, etc. Does everyone use these tags without issue? I had a bag lost on another cruise line but it was a thin paper tag just with one staple so not shock mine fell off. I had wanted to purchase plastic luggage tags from amazon but wasn't sure they fit disney-I saw one made for Royal or Celebrity. Thanks!

Never had a problem with them on lots of cruises where we used them. As above, you are welcome to add an additional tag BUT only the DCL tag will result in the bags being claimed and sent to DCL without ever appearing on a luggage carousel at MCO.

If you are not using Disney transportation and going directly from MCO to the cruise terminal, you wait until your last piece of travel--the one that will result in your arrival at the terminal--before attaching the luggage tags.

Example--if you have a private limo service taking you to the cruise terminal, do not place the DCL tags on the luggage until you have claimed your luggage at the airport. If you are going to WDW first and using Magical Express, make sure that the WDW tags are attached for your arrival at MCO. (at one point, they had a combined tag good for WDW and DCL, but I haven't seen those for a while).

Gotcha! So we

Are flying in the night before to MCO and then staying at a hotel and taking shuttle over. Do I put them in before we get in the shuttle?

Correct--put the tags on at the hotel before you get on the shuttle. Just a hint: BE SURE that you see your bags physically placed on the luggage trolley or shuttle and see them taken off and handed over to the porters. Dealing with the hotels is a lot less secure than dealing with Disney! Actually, the hotel told us to do this.

Which hotel do you like for shuttle to cruise the next day?

Where do you want to stay? Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area--Country Inn and Suites or Renaissance Inn. The Radisson has the best pool, but the place was in disrepair last time I was there.

MCO area--Hyatt Place NW (DIFFERENT FROM HYATT MCO) offers a cruise package including transportation to the terminal that is really quite nice. Unfortunately the price has increased greatly, but is still a value over DCL transfers. They have the best hotel breakfast I've ever experienced!