Snobbiest thing I heard on my recent Divina cruise out of Rome...

Stockjock

Our first YC cruise we were surrounded by fellow Aussies - only one American in YC and one family of Italians. The American was by far the snobbiest and loudest - the rest of us enjoyed ourselves ;)

I have met some lovely Americans but the ones with money I've met have been LOUD about it

LOL Read Celebrity board . My favorite one how they suggest people to cruise on Carnival if they don't like X "luxury" . We had one lady in elevator as well, who made a comment about how Celebrity must meet people with umbrellas if its raining . Exact words were " they must put crew members to walk people with umbrellas .It's Celebrity its not Carnival after all" . After she left everyone star laughing and making comments how nice it would if crew members walk around shops and pick up 2000 people or even maybe care them on there backs)

LOL! I have sailed almost exclusively on Celebrity, and am trying out MSC for the first time next April. I am really looking forward to a new experience. I think you will find people who feel they are better than most on just about any cruiseline. Unfortunately, they exist everywhere! I constantly hear these types of comments and have all I can do to just keep my mouth shut. ;) Celebrity has wonderful staff on their ships and that has always been what has kept me sailing with them. As far as "luxury"? In my opinion, in this area, they are no better than any other cruiseline.

It is now time to branch out and I'm hoping for a wonderful experience on the Divina!

My comment was more generally just people in general pushing or running right in front of you to get on after you'd been waiting for several minutes. I watched them do it to people in wheelchairs, to me (on a knee scooter), people in walkers/crutches, and people in general. Seemed to happen constantly. You'd be waiting for 5-10 minutes depending on elevators and just about knocked out by people unable to properly wait their turn.

My favorite was the couple who saw me standing there, looked me dead in the eyes, ran, and closed the door. And proceeded to get off the deck below. I couldn't help but laugh at how lazy and mean spirited it felt.

Edited by Jenna1983

LOL! I have sailed almost exclusively on Celebrity, and am trying out MSC for the first time next April. I am really looking forward to a new experience. I think you will find people who feel they are better than most on just about any cruiseline. Unfortunately, they exist everywhere! I constantly hear these types of comments and have all I can do to just keep my mouth shut. ;) Celebrity has wonderful staff on their ships and that has always been what has kept me sailing with them. As far as "luxury"? In my opinion, in this area, they are no better than any other cruiseline.

It is now time to branch out and I'm hoping for a wonderful experience on the Divina!

Hope you write a review comparing the 2 as we are thinking of doing the same.In fact we are doing a RC cruise in Feb. to see how X compares. Enjoy your cruise.

We are also on the April 9 Bermuda cruise...our first on MSC.

We have 3 Allure and 2 Oasis cruises and 9 Celebrity (Solstace class)

We have reached the point of not getting off the ship on Caribbean cruises, so, waiting to see what MSC and Bermuda is all about...