How long until your next MSC cruise??

MrJoeBlack

Possibly a long long time! Australia wins next year, at least that holiday will not get devalued unlike former Loyal cruisers of msc.

Yes Dave Australia wins hands down over MSC for sure and with GBP being strong against AUD, what's not to like. Did it last year and leave again in 9 days.

Zero MSC cruises this year, and only one last year after taking 2-4 per year for 10 years.

Next one is April, but really just disillusioned with all the recent changes, anti solo behaviour, anti loyal guests etc. There are loads of great ways to spend your money on a holiday. msc used to be one of my first. Considerations, but no longer.

Zero MSC cruises this year, and only one last year after taking 2-4 per year for 10 years. i did zero this year having done 5 in the previous 2 years and 12 in all

Next one is April, but really just disillusioned with all the recent changes, anti solo behaviour, anti loyal guests etc. There are loads of great ways to spend your money on a holiday. msc used to be one of my first. Considerations, but no longer.

and a quote from you on another thread

" I have 3 booked over the next 2 years, 2 booked in the last week of my 20% discount. If my April repo cruise is like your recent one, I probably won't bother at all with the other 2."

Likewise I have 3 more, booked in the dying days of the 20% discount.

Including the same one as you in April and one on MERAVIGLIA in Autumn 2017.(booked 26 months in advance and before the ship's keel was laid)

Pete

PS

AmoMondo, there is a little bear who can't wait to meet his new carer in April.

975a8b3e-bac4-4871-8cbc-d2bbddb6fa37.jpg

Edited by Skier52

My first taste of MSC begins in 32 days with the above posters. :D DH and I were booked on the new NCL Escape in the Haven on the same date, (Dec 5), but switched after all the changes NCL shoved down everyone's throat in a very short period of time. Devaluation indeed. :mad: I was so ticked that I jumped ship. And I am quite certain the CEO took notice. ;) So I completely understand MSC cruisers being unhappy with the current downgrades but I look forward to trying the YC on Divina for the first time. :cool:

Cheers,

Ali

Thank you, JB, I look forward to giving it to you! :)

I've been popping in on the NCL Escape thread from time to time for updates because I've already invested so much time there but I just can't get excited about that claustrophobic Haven. We sailed on the BA in one of the large rear Haven balconies last year and never once ate in the restaurant. It was just tooooo far away. I can't wait to live 95% of my cruise in the Top Sail Lounge, One Pool Bar/Sun Deck, or Le Muse. Woooo hoooo!!!! :eek::p:D

Thank you, JB, I look forward to giving it to you! :)

I've been popping in on the NCL Escape thread from time to time for updates because I've already invested so much time there but I just can't get excited about that claustrophobic Haven. We sailed on the BA in one of the large rear Haven balconies last year and never once ate in the restaurant. It was just tooooo far away. I can't wait to live 95% of my cruise in the Top Sail Lounge, One Pool Bar/Sun Deck, or Le Muse. Woooo hoooo!!!! :eek::p:D

Not to rain on your excitement but you do know le Muse is at the rear or the vessel right?

and a quote from you on another thread

Pete

PS

AmoMondo, there is a little bear who can't wait to meet his new carer in April.

975a8b3e-bac4-4871-8cbc-d2bbddb6fa37.jpg

I'm very much looking forward o meeting my little bear and the very kind person who acquired him for me!

Pete I'm sure we will manage to enjoy our April repo regardless. My loyalty to MSC has pretty much disappeared though.

Edited by AmoMondo

My loyalty to MSC has pretty much disappeared though.

Mine went when they devalued loyal customers and the Black card and then added insult to injury by offering Black card and other benefits to people who had never sailed with them .... :mad:

My loyalty to MSC has pretty much disappeared though.

Mine went when they devalued loyal customers and the Black card and then added insult to injury by offering Black card and other benefits to people who had never sailed with them .... :mad:

Agree .It was a very stupid thing to do by management. :mad: