White Hot Night/Party: What's the deal?

Sailor's Girl

We're sailing with NCL for the first time in September. I've heard exactly nada from NCL, but on the board I see references to the White Hot Night or White Hot Party, and a suggestion to pack something white for same.

What exactly is this? A cocktail party? Dance party? Disco night?

How dressy is it? White jeans? White dress? White wedding gown?

What do the guys wear? A white shirt? A white dinner jacket? Please tell me I won't have to ask my husband to dress like an ice cream man.

Thanks!

Ha! It's just a fun excuse for a party in the Spinnaker Lounge - and it is a lot of fun! On the Pearl's Alaskan cruise, they have the "White Hot Party" the night before you get to Glacier Bay. Get it - White (Glaciers, snow), Hot (Wild Party!). The Cruise Director's staff and the dancers from the stage shows (they're called "Angel Dancers" that night) get everybody involved and just dance and have fun! "Snow" comes down from the ceiling around the disco ball onto the dance floor. They have specialty drinks (white martinis), t-shirts for sale. It's appropriate for the whole family - the week of our cruise, the place was packed and everybody got into the act. You DON'T have to wear white (we sort of did - I wore light slacks, a gold top, and a beige jacket and my DH wore khakis and a white shirt, but a lot of people didn't worry about it), but it does look pretty cool with the lighting and the "snow".

Have fun on your cruise! :D

The White Hot party is a party on the pool deck. On our cruise it was on the third night and it was at 11:15pm. We all took something white, I wore white shorts and white short sleeve shirt. My wife wore short white pants and shirt. They sell White Hot T-shirts for $10. There was a lot of people on the deck sitting in the chairs enjoying the event. Every one wore what ever they wanted (you do not have to wear white) but most people dancing wore something white. It was hot on deck so I wore shorts. I danced a little with my wife and we went to get checken wings for our table. It took us about 20 min and when we came back the party finished. It only lasted a little over an hour. People were dancing and having fun, I really don't know what happened.

Archived