Next Edge Reveal - June 27th

Andy

Hi Everyone,

From Celebrity's Facebook Page :

Next Celebrity Edge Reveal on Tuesday, June 27th at 7 pm (I presume Eastern time) on Facebook Live : https://www.facebook.com/CelebrityCruises/

Hope this is helpful !

Hi Andy

There is a post on the Edge threads that states this reveal will have to do with entertainment.

Hi Andy

There is a post on the Edge threads that states this reveal will have to do with entertainment.

Hi Don,

Hope you are doing well.

Glad to hear - was hoping we might learn more about the ship, but hearing about entertainment is great too !

Good to see you back on the forums, Andy! We have missed you. :)

Thank you for the update. We are on the inaugural, so anything EDGE is of interest.

I sure hope that the entertainment announcement doesn't include having to make reservations.. like RCCL requires. :rolleyes:

We were fortunate to attend the Edge roadshow near Toronto this week.. a theatre in a trailer presenting the Edge from coast to coast and two locations in Canada. Same video as presented in Michael's a month ago. Amazing what a big screen will do to impress vs a tv monitor. We still have not bitten at the lure.

We now have reflective sunglasses with the Edge Logo so that we won't be too blinded with what is to come.

Hi Andy,

Great to see you back in the forum! I wasn't sure where you were cruising, or that you were no longer a moderator.

Hope all is well.

If you look at The CRYSTAL FORUM, you will find him there.

I keep hoping the goofy magic carpet will disappear in the next reveal.:(:(:(

That's definitely not going to happen, big design feature they are heavily invested in and popular with senior officers who will be on board when it launches. ;)

That's definitely not going to happen, big design feature they are heavily invested in and popular with senior officers who will be on board when it launches. ;)

A very senior officer |||| told me had a major concern with anything mechanical when exposed to salt water over time.

When an item is not symmetrical, ie. on one side only, ballast has to be pumped to maintain the equilibrium. That might be a real problem when a number of guests have had too big a meal on that carpet..;p

When an item is not symmetrical, ie. on one side only, ballast has to be pumped to maintain the equilibrium. That might be a real problem when a number of guests have had too big a meal on that carpet..;p

So maybe this will be the new location of 'Sushi on Five'? No worries about weight gain with that ;p

A very senior officer |||| told me had a major concern with anything mechanical when exposed to salt water over time.

Anything mechanical is another area that could break down.

Can you imagine the magic carpet getting stuck and the cruise having to end for all onboard because of this emergency. Is it supposed to stop on most decks or just a few?

I was also wondering about the balance and what was being added if anything to the other side of the ship to balance the weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello Andy! It was good to meet you during the Connections Party on the May 26 Memorial Day Caribbean Cruise, and have a chance to chat with you about cruising.

As for the Edge's Magic Carpet Restaurant Ride, I watched the America's Cup races the past month, and one could not miss the fact that these cutting edge, very expensive sailing vessels where susceptible to malfunctions and breakdowns. When they worked, they were beautiful, however the slightest mistake cost the teams races, and occasionally resulted in wrecks. Competition drives fascinating technological innovations and moves our species forward. However, who can argue that keeping things simple is less expensive, less risky, and less prone to damage and breakdowns?