Birthdays?

mamamzee

When I called Celebrity to book a cruise for July 23, the man at Celebrity asked if we had anything special going on. He then noted tha both of us have birthdays in July. Question: do they do anything much for birthdays? We are in Aqua class for what it's worth.

A cake at dinner time

And you may get a sign on your door that says happy birthday as well. If your room steward has time, he / she may make you a towel animal and add a couple of balloons, which will be waiting for you in your room when you come back from dinner. Hope I didn't ruin any surprises ... and hope you aren't disappointed if this doesn't happen. It is all up to current policies and whether or not your room steward has any extra time to make sure this happens.

When I called Celebrity to book a cruise for July 23, the man at Celebrity asked if we had anything special going on. He then noted tha both of us have birthdays in July. Question: do they do anything much for birthdays? We are in Aqua class for what it's worth.

It is a usual information asked that is optional to provide. Some wants privacy and does not prefer stranger's attention. We don't mind the greetings on door.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Actually, I've had two birthdays onboard... 39 on the Infinity in Alaska and the big 4 Oh! the following year on Solstice in the Med. On my 39th we had dinner by the window I the United States and the lovely female waiter (sorry, forgot her name over the years) prepared a wonderful table side Dover Sole with all the show that goes with it, but at dessert time she apologized that they couldn't sing me a birthday sing in a specialty restaurant... no biggie, I still got a birthday cake. The following night in the MDR our waiter had missed me on my birthday and provided both a cake and singing :D

A year passed and onboard the Solstice we celebrated my birthday at a quiet table for two in Murano where the same lovely lady waiter (yup, forgot her name by now, made sure to to her well back then) prepared the same delicious dish follower by dessert and a special birthday cake. And yes, history repested itself back in the MDR the next evening... birthday cake and singing 😉

Now that's the Modern Luxury we love onboard Celebrity 😎

I celebrated my 30th on board the Reflection in February. We were in a sky suite for what it is worth. We had a sign on our door, a halfway decent bottle of wine in the cabin with a birthday card, and a small cake and singing at dinner. One of the bartenders I know (who knew I was coming back on board for my birthday a few months prior) even had a gift for me from his home country. Now that was pretty cool and extremely thoughtful!

Last time I sailed during my birthday, (at least three years ago) I did not mention birthday to anyone when booking the cruise nor during the cruise itself. Tried to keep it low key; .I definitely did not want waiters singing to me.

However, it was a pleasant surprise when the Captain's Club hostess sent a gift-wrapped tie to my cabin on my birthday. Nothing fancy, just one of those ties you can often see being sold in the atrium. I had Elite status at the time, so I am not sure if every birthday celebrant got a gift..

We all have to provide our birthdays when we book a cruise, so the information is available to staff who take the trouble to look for it without prompting from the passenger. The effort the CC hostess made was appreciated.

We had a big group on our last cruise. Our TA put down some of our b-days on that week but none of our b-days were actually on the week.. just + or - 1 or 2 weeks. So we asked at MDR which days were our b-days and if we could just celebrate them all on the same night. But our waiter put us thru to the dining room manager and the manager gave us a contact at event service. We ended up getting our own private event at the Sky Observation lounge on a sea day with an entire section reserved for our party.. with cake and private server to get us drinks. It was amazing.

We all have to provide our birthdays when we book a cruise, so the information is available to staff who take the trouble to look for it without prompting from the passenger. The effort the CC hostess made was appreciated.

In March we sailed on the Equinox. We had all of the perks as part of the promo that the Equinox had.

One perk was unlimited internet. To activate it you had to put in your folio number and birthdate. We kept getting a message that the info was wrong. We went to the I lounge and waited in a very long line as many passengers had problems or questions. We finally were waited on and the employee looked on his sheet to see if we had the unlimited package. Then asked us for our birthdate and folio number. Our birthdates were wrong on his sheet. My birthdate was registered as Jan 1, 1955 and my wife's as Feb 1, 1955. Over ten years off and not close to our month or day. It certainly wasn't because of a fat finger.

If we sail during our birthday or anniversary we never mention it to anyone because we don't like the attention. But if we were expecting something it may not happen because they messed up putting the right info on the passenger sheet.

What I am suggesting is that if you really want or expect something mention to the server, matre d or anyone else that you will be celebrating a birthday.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞