Are all Celebrity Cruises in 2018 now bundled with at least one perk?

NantahalaCruiser

Hi Jazz

Yeah, that was definitely the start of the new norm when they introduced the BBB a year or two ago. Perhaps other posters are correct that they may have shortened the time span for the 0-perk reduced fares; but for now it seems that they may have taken a further step for 2018 cruises by not providing a way to opt out of a 1-perk and receive a lower fare.

Time will tell.

Larry, I will share my exception. We booked a Feb 2018 Solstice cruise with perks. Shortly after booking, I noticed a senior rate on the Celebrity website. I called my TA - not a big box- and got the lower Senior rate with no perks. It saved $1100 per person! For us, that was definitely worth giving up the perks:)

Have any other solo cruisers seen how ridiculous this pricing scheme is for the solo cruiser. Though I did get a non bundled fare for a cruise this year, just hope they will continue to offer unbundled fares going forward.

Larry, I will share my exception. We booked a Feb 2018 Solstice cruise with perks. Shortly after booking, I noticed a senior rate on the Celebrity website. I called my TA - not a big box- and got the lower Senior rate with no perks. It saved $1100 per person! For us, that was definitely worth giving up the perks:)

Thanks; I see that the 0-perk is still available on that cruise. Good to know that it is not entirely universal; although I see that one of the Solstice cruises in March again does not have the 0-perk.

Congrats on your savings - Enjoy

So anyone know why none of the perks/packages are available for the transpacific/transatlantic cruises? Do they end up with different packages for them or simply never have any? been looking to book and waiting for some sort of deal but haven't seen any.

So anyone know why none of the perks/packages are available for the transpacific/transatlantic cruises? Do they end up with different packages for them or simply never have any? been looking to book and waiting for some sort of deal but haven't seen any.

Historically, repositioning cruises were much cheaper than other cruises (on a per day basis) and never offered anything except low prices. On rare occasions, someone on CC will say they booked one with a perk. We've done two Transatlantics, no perks, but great prices ;)

Historically, repositioning cruises were much cheaper than other cruises (on a per day basis) and never offered anything except low prices. On rare occasions, someone on CC will say they booked one with a perk. We've done two Transatlantics, no perks, but great prices ;)

Thanks, I guess I will just go ahead and book. prices are good just was concerned I was going to miss out on some of the good deals (got burnt last year where the Go Big deals came back to the cruise I had booked a week after I booked and had to pay $400 for cancelling and rebooking to take advantage of the better offering).

Thanks, I guess I will just go ahead and book. prices are good just was concerned I was going to miss out on some of the good deals (got burnt last year where the Go Big deals came back to the cruise I had booked a week after I booked and had to pay $400 for cancelling and rebooking to take advantage of the better offering).

Totally understand as your rules for deposits and price drops in Australia are different than for me in the US. We have less risk/more flexibility on the booking end (but less consumer protection on the back end, I think). Happy cruising!

Those of you looking for the low fares of old should NOT see today's Edge 'Eden' reveals. Everything they talked about requires a high level of staffing to maintain and deliver = the peak fares we have been seeing on this winter's Edge sailings will have to be normal for that class of ships. Whether you like the direction Celebrity is taking or not, it WILL be very pricey!