Conflicting final payment reminders!!!!!

hcat

We recently received an e mail...very cordial tone...reminding us our final payment is due 7/18/17 . This is correct according to our res confirmation papers...We were planning to pay the balance due just after the July 4th holiday,

Today we got a fairly terse e mail from X stating if we did not pay in full in 7 days our res will be cancelled....that shortens our time by almost 2 wks,..and is before the 4th if we count correctly.

Could not get through on the reg Celeb phone line ( long hold time) but did reach Cap Club.. I was assured the July 18th date is correct & they will send another Confirmation..They told me the website and IT system is "wonky" but not to worry.. ..we will not be cancelled.

We will probably now pay earlier than planned...just to avoid an issue. Suggest everyone check your dates carefuly!

Has anyone received CONFLICTING NOTICES and do you think we definitely should pay early..just in case????

I've not had conflicting payment notifications - yet - but in your shoes I would definitely pay early. The few pennies in interest that I'd lose are nothing compared to the headaches in dealing with a potential cancellation. In the end, they may well say "oops, our fault, so sorry" but that will be of little consolation if your cabin has been sold to someone else.

We've had a similar problem- dates have been consistent but 3 different invoices all with different amounts due. Have paid the amount we know to be correct and Celebrity agrees is correct but still a bit nervous about the £200 the latest invoice says is outstanding. According to the people we've spoken to at Celebrity they're merging two different systems and it's causing confusion with invoices and final payments but if you actually get to speak to someone they do know what's going on, it's just the documentation they're sending out that's incorrect. Our final payment date is tomorrow- I'll post if there are any further problems!

We've had a similar problem- dates have been consistent but 3 different invoices all with different amounts due. ...

This was our issue, except we only had two different amounts. Went on the Web site and paid the amount that was shown there.

We are not trusting enough to pay on line...glad it worked however..that's a good sign

We'll pay through Cap Club and hopefully be able to reduce the final payment amt by applying Points from the Royal C card.

When Celebrity shortened the final payment date from 75 to 90 days pre cruise their web site did not catch up. (Don't remember when this change went into effect.) Any cruises booked prior to this date were grandfathered into the 75 day pre cruise date.

We've had 3 cruises affected by this change and each time have gotten the "you will be cancelled" email 15 days too early. Finally gave up confirming that the emails were in error. Made our final payment for Alaska somewhere between the 2 dates with no issue.

Our web payment for Alaska did not go through, called the CC and paid with no issue.

Thanks....I forgot that snafu came about with the final payment date change. Still will pay early to avoid the wonkies!

I don't blame you!

Last year we had 'threatening' emails saying our cruise will be cancelled because we owed $O! We contacted X and were reassured not to worry.....Only to get the same nasty email a few days later. So bizarre as we paid in £! Celebrity were very apologetic but it left us with a very unsettled feeling.....I kept checking my RS hadn't gone back up for sale!

All I can say is those phone operators must get really fed up apologising for their systems. It is perhaps as well their cruises are good or they would be minus a few customers!

I had same issue in May. I wanted to pay as late as possible for a couple of reasons (1. hold on to money until next credit card cycle; 2. Hope prices went down before paying). X CS said the date on invoice was correct. I went with that and cruise went down before I paid. When that happened, I went ahead and paid, with lower rate and extra OBC. Bottom line was, emails were erroneous. While I could have realized savings even if I had paid, this was much less hassle and I was pleased with result.

Very wonky indeed. Our final payment day is coming up. I went in to pay it off and saw that all the money we had paid for drink packages and shore excursions had been put against our cruise costs BUT it showed nothing owing on the packages and excursions! I said to my husband I'll pay it all now and keep an eye on it. I paid the balance outstanding, using the balance outstanding button. After the transaction had finished it showed the amount of gratuities was still outstanding. So I paid that (knowing that there would be more than that owing once they sorted out the excursions etc). I just went in today and we have cruise costs owing! So I am glad I kept a record of what I expected to be paying!

Same issue here. If you booked your cruise before Jan 1, 2016 the final payment date is 75 days. After that date it is 90 days. Just call Celebrity to be absolutely sure about your individual reservation.

The rep sent us another invoice with all our info including thd final payment date, balqnce due etc. We have decided to pay early...giving more time to clear up any errors. We have triple perks ( for last time), OBC, trvl ins, pre paid dining and excursions , so we are hoping all runs smoothly,.

On Cunard and Royal C, never had any worries.,..but confidence in X IT runs to the low end these days...

So the new confirmation arrived and now showed a much higher final payment due..some how a person or computer. Took a minus $ 400 amt representing what we already paid for dining and excursions and ADDED it to our bill..

Very bad