Using Disney Gift cards on board

Winston Wolf

Disney gift cards and Disney Visa reward cards can be used to pay off your onboard account by taking them to Guest Services. KEEP THE CARDS. If you don't spend all that you have placed on the account, the excess will be refunded to the card presented.

Also, be sure it is a Disney gift card, not a Disney STORE gift card. Store cards can be used only at the store.

You can place gift cards on your account by calling DCL in advance, but that's a pain. It is easier to go to GS where they will just scan the card.

I have done this on both cruises. I had gift cards and my dream reward card from chase/visa. Just go to Guest Services and tell them you want the cards applied to your account.

I wouldn't recommend going on the first day, there is usually a long line. You can go any day/night and have it applied. Enjoy your first day without waiting in line (unless you have something more pressing to do at guest services).

Thanks all! I had assumed I'd be able to, but wanted to be sure. Good tip on the Disney GC vs Disney Store GCs.

Most of our Dream Rewards dollars will go to our final payment, but any that accrue before the trip, we had planned to use to pay down our on board account.