We no longer have to “Wonder”

runninggirl262

The “Super Secret 20th Anniversary Cruise” was a success!

We are two adults with no children that sailed the Disney Wonder. Upon Embarkation I was surprised at the number of other couples sailing without children on Disney. Upon Debarkation not only did I understand I very well may have been converted.

We have sailed NCL, Carnival, and Princess. I am happy to add Disney to that lineup.

My husband has longed to sail Disney for many years. I surprised him with the five day Wonder out of Miami. He knew we were going somewhere but not the details. I timed it so “Goofy” would call as we were in the taxi ($27 from Airport to Port) on the way to the port. I also presented him with a picture of the Wonder.

Wow, Amazing, Unbelievable, an Experience, Amazing. Disney really knows how to do things right. Thanks to all the tips I learned here it made the experience that much better.

Stateroom: 7578- Deluxe Stateroom with Verandah. Near the laundry facilities, equal distance to the Aft staircase and Mid staircase. For two people more than enough storage space. It has the steamer trunk, Ipod/Iphone dock clock, Shower and toilet are two separate rooms. I don’t think it was a refrigerator in the room. It said “Beverage Cooler”. We did not use it. The Verandah was spacious enough and good for a nap when we were Sleepy.

Shows/Movies/Deck Party: Ample and Awesome. You have to be very Grumpy not to have appreciated the Pirate deck Party. We really enjoyed the movies outside, it didn’t hurt that the Pizza and pretzel place was right outside. My husband was not Bashful at having his fill of both. Lion King, Toy Story, Bugs Life, Original Cinderella are a few we watched.

Fitness room/Jogging Track: You can run on deck 10 and I think deck 4 (Maybe it was three). Three laps equal a mile. The fitness room is new Life fitness equipment. The machines have a cord for the 30 pin IPhone and Android phones. Bicycles, treadmills, elliptical, and weights round out a well-stocked clean gym. I was very Happy.

Adult only Areas- Disney+Adult=Quiet? I have never been on a cruise that does such a great job at providing adults an area to themselves and enforces the rule. Whether on the ship or at Castaway Cay there are several options to get a respite from the noise.

Food – This was more challenging for me. I don’t have any allergies, sensitives, or issues with eating anything. I just have chosen not to eat certain foods during my weight loss journey. Those things being bread, rice, pasta, and certain meats.

On other cruise lines I was extremely content eating at the Buffets for dinner. I can select exactly what I want and the potion I desire.

The head waiter noticed that I was sort of picking at my food and not really eating. He came over and questioned me on what I would eat. He asked if I liked Indian food. I travel to India several times a year so Yes, I do like the food. After that I had an unbelievable India Food feast for the next several days.

Palo-Dinner and Brunch: Palo for dinner was by far the best meal I have had on any cruise. Brunch was delicious and Quiet. I read here they are raising the prices. I still think Palo for dinner is worth it. If not for the Chocolate Soufflé alone.

Bottom Line: Yes two adults no children can enjoy a Disney Cruise. It really is magical. Yes, there are a LOT of children. But, not off putting enough. We have pre-booked the Star Wars Cruise for next year.

“May the Force be with You”

Congrats on your 20th anniversary, Runninggirl262! And happy to hear you love DCL for grown-ups as much as we do. Even my jaded, oft traveling DH adores DCL. We have gone on way more cruises with Disney with no children than with them. I agree they do a fabulous job for the adults and DH and I both agree that Palo is one of our top restaurants anywhere!

So when is your next Disney cruise? ;)