Wonder: Outside staterooms midship on Deck 2

Dmgmd50

We will be a party of ten in five cabins. The difference in price between the outside cabins and verandah cabins is $6000 for five days so I would like to take he cabins without the verandahs. The cabins we were offered were midship on Deck 2. Are the cabin windows large picture windows or are they small ovals. I am a little concerned about being on such a low deck though I know it is supposedly smoother.

Any feedback would be appreciated

We will be a party of ten in five cabins. The difference in price between the outside cabins and verandah cabins is $6000 for five days so I would like to take he cabins without the verandahs. The cabins we were offered were midship on Deck 2. Are the cabin windows large picture windows or are they small ovals. I am a little concerned about being on such a low deck though I know it is supposedly smoother.

Any feedback would be appreciated

The portholes on deck 2 are large ones (about 4' across). I'll post a picture (hope it stays until you can see it).

13z36so.jpg

We love deck 2, it's our preferred location.

Edited by Shmoo here

The portholes on deck 2 are large ones (about 4' across). I'll post a picture (hope it stays until you can see it).

13z36so.jpg

We love deck 2, it's our preferred location.

Thanks for the picture. That was helpful. Is deck two noisy being below a dining room?

Thanks for the picture. That was helpful. Is deck two noisy being below a dining room?

Well, maybe a little (very little) - at dinner time - but most people are out and about during those hours. Other than that we've had no noise issues due to what's happening on the deck above us.

We had connecting Oceanview staterooms on the Wonder on Deck 2 a couple of years back for the week-long Alaska cruise and loved them. I recall no noise issues whatsoever and I am a VERY light sleeper. The picture Shmoo posted is perfect! The window was big enough our tiny grand-princesses loved perching in them! So cute. And for that cruise it was actually pretty cool to not be so high above the water (most cruises I have been on one of the upper passenger decks) to spot sea lions, whales, etc. It was great! Nice thing is that the Cat 10 staterooms/Ocean view have the split bathrooms which are wonderful Have fun!

I'm another Deck 2 lover.... that oversize porthole feels like it's a balcony without the wind. Just need to watch out for the morning power washer that will hose you down (Goofy?).

I did not stay under a dining room, but found the ship super quiet past midnight.

Edited by xlxo

I'm another Deck 2 lover.... that oversize porthole feels like it's a balcony without the wind. Just need to watch out for the morning power washer that will hose you down (Goofy?).

I did not stay under a dining room, but found the ship super quiet past midnight.

We have booked five rooms on deck 2. From the pictures I have seen, the rooms look very much like the rooms we have had on Celebrity and RCCL. And about the same size (204 sq. ft.). Not that special but certainly okay. Thanks for all your positive feedback

• 2 weeks later...
One more question: do a lot of teens wander down the hallways on their way to the Edge which is located on deck 2?

It depends on the cruise. We did 28 nights on the Magic, midship deck 2. I was so impressed that the tweens didn't roam the halls or hog the elevators that I stopped by the Edge and complimented the CM. She said that they had really emphasized to the kids that this was inappropriate and if it happened it would result in stopping all the "fun" stuff in the Edge.

On other cruises...not so much roaming the halls, but elevator hogging (getting 12 of them just riding up and down or pressing all the buttons) has been a problem. If it is, tell the CMs in the Edge--they will try to control it. OR if you can identify a kid, report them by name to the CM or to GS. Guest Services will involve the parent.