How cool is if at night on the balcony?

cathysmom

Make sure you have a sweater or sweat shirt at hand just in case. It can get cold after dark especially if you're moving fast. Also, just the contrast between hot days and cooler nights can make it seem colder than it is. You may find that you're sheltered somewhat depending on where you are on the ship (fore or aft), deck level or where the wind is coming from but you'll be happier if you're comfortable, so just throw one fleece or something in the suitcase for "just in case".

I always pack a sweater or light jacket. It can get a little cool on the balcony/upper decks at night-especially if there is a little wind. :cool:

I guess it also depends on your definition of "cold" too. I am from New England, so in December when it was 65-we loved it. But southerners were bundled up in winter jackets. :rolleyes:

I also recommend having a sweater to wear inside sometimes too. I am always cold, and I think they blast the AC in the dining rooms sometimes. :confused:

Hi Cathysmom!

Congrats on your first ever balcony! Be warned, they are quite addictive. ;)

I have to share a funny story about balconies at night. One Disney cruise, somewhere in the Caribbean years ago, we had come back to our stateroom late and our cabin steward had closed the curtains. I pulled them back and went to step outside and it was an entirely moonless, inky black night. It was like stepping into the black hole. A totally weird and slightly scary experience. LOL!!! I know it sounds funny, and it was funny, but it was truly so velvet black outside with so little light emanating from the ship as well, that that was one night I didn't care to spend much time on the balcony. :eek:

But please know that is the only time I recall having such an inky black night. Other than that funny experience, I absolutely adore having a balcony stateroom! And I bet you will too!

Oh! One last piece of advice (spoken with the voice of experience. LOL), when you are in port, do NOT throw back the curtains and/or step outside in your jammies while in port unless your jammies are ready for the public! :roll eyes: I remember stepping outside only to be looking a very short space across to many, many eyes from the ship parked RIGHT next to ours! Hahahahaha!

It will probably be in the high 70's...like 76-78 or so....I've never needed a jacket or wrap.

this. aug/nov/dec/jan cruises, never needed anything but on the last night on our Jan cruise. and then just my normal pj's.

and as a follow up to sotherngirl, yeah...last cruise we pulled up, RCL osis (i think, the big ship) was next to us...dude in his underwear on his balcony...we could see into the rooms... so pay attention!!

Our aug cruise was too hot to ever enjoy the balcony, all others were perfect.

Thanks for the advice (and chuckle) everyone! I'll pack some comfy lounge wear And share your comments with my little group about sweaters for the dining rooms. I'm traveling with friends and we have three staterooms side by side. We hope to open up the space between each.