How to make Specialty Restaurant reservations online

NMLady

We will be on the Jade the end of October so we will soon be 90 days out and able to make specialty restaurant reservations online. I've always made them aboard ship but this time want to try to do it online. What is the procedure?

Is a cabin number required or will MyNCL automatically put the reservation on the correct name? I ask because our Inside Guarantee cabin has not yet been assigned.

You just log into MyNCL, click on Explore and Plan, then Dining.

I'm sure the system will match you up with your reservation on board regardless of the current status of your GTY cabin.

Edited by triptolemus

I tried this for the first time myself a few days ago. A quick question...I went to book Ocean Blue and of course it comes with the upcharge. I wanted to pay that with my onboard credit, but looks like I have to "checkout" online and pay before the reservation is secured? Is that correct?

Edited by bwelborn

I'm sure the system will match you up with your reservation on board regardless of the current status of your GTY cabin.

Thank you! I wasn't sure where to start since it's not there yet.

I think you're right that current staus of cabin doesn't matter.

I tried this for the first time myself a few days ago. A quick question...I went to book Ocean Blue and of course it comes with the upcharge. I wanted to pay that with my onboard credit, but looks like I have to "checkout" online and pay before the reservation is secured? Is that correct?

Probably correct since onboard credit is ONBOARD credit, can only be used when you are actually onboard.

I guess that's what I'm asking...if you don't have a specialty dining package then you must prepay to make a reservation? But I guess most people have a dining package of some sort. I will likely not use all of my OBC, so I was hoping to use it for upcharges at the specialites, but that won't be possible if I have to pre-pay.

I guess that's what I'm asking...if you don't have a specialty dining package then you must prepay to make a reservation? But I guess most people have a dining package of some sort. I will likely not use all of my OBC, so I was hoping to use it for upcharges at the specialites, but that won't be possible if I have to pre-pay.

You do not have to prepay at the a la carte restaurants such as Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Cagneys since they have no way of knowing what you'll order. So you can make a reservation without prepaying. When you get onboard you could use your OBC to purchase SDP which might be better than paying the upcharges.

Thank you again. We are now 90 days until cruise and I was able to reserve times for our SDP meals and Platinum perks.

I know to tell the host/hostess what we are using.

When I add the reservation for Ocean Blue it prompts me to "check out" and doesn't save my reservation. How do I "reserve" it then without paying?

Is Ocean Blue an a la carte restaurant? I don't think so, and I think a la carte restaurants are the only specialty restaurants that do not require prepayment since they have no way of knowing what the final total would be for a la carte.

Is there an upcharge for Ocean Blue? Maybe the SDP doesn't include Ocean Blue??

Hopefully someone knowledgeable about Ocean Blue will see your post and answer. There is not an Ocean Blue on the Jade so I don't know the answer.

Edited by NMLady

When I add the reservation for Ocean Blue it prompts me to "check out" and doesn't save my reservation. How do I "reserve" it then without paying?

Ocean Blue on be used as part of the dining package BUT it is available only as a surcharge. For two people as DH and I did, it cost $15 each plus $2.70 each gratuity for. Total of $35.40. You have to pay that to get the reservation.

That's what I thought. I knew I was going to pay, just with I could use my credit to do so. Oh well, it's only $30 bucks.

Wait to reserve until you board. Ocean Blue shouldn't be a problem unless you have a large party.

Be aware that only 30% of the reservations are available prior to boarding . Don't panic if you can't make the exact reservations but make sure you do take care of what you need early after getting on board as the most popular restaurants best times sell out