Anyone sail on BA post 7/15 water policy?

Leaving on 8/7 and still pretty annoyed about this new policy. Has anyone sailed on the Breakaway out of NYC after 7/15 and brought (or tried to bring) on beverages (water, soda, etc.)?

Wondering if I should just chance it and bring the case of water...

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

leaving on 8/7 and still pretty annoyed about this new policy. Has anyone sailed on the breakaway out of nyc after 7/15 and brought (or tried to bring) on beverages (water, soda, etc.)?

Wondering if i should just chance it and bring the case of water...

Thoughts?

Sent from my iphone using forums

why????????????????????????????????????

Leaving on 8/7 and still pretty annoyed about this new policy. Has anyone sailed on the Breakaway out of NYC after 7/15 and brought (or tried to bring) on beverages (water, soda, etc.)?

Thoughts?

I suggest taking some empty bottles so you can fill them on the ship in case they do take away your case of water.

Thanks all for your quick replies.

I'm going to tag the case and hope for the best. Worst case I lost $4 of water. Not going to risk it with soda though.

I was hoping to hear from people who have sailed more recent to see what their experiences were.. Anyone?

I went to Walmart and got a 24 bottle case for under $3, put it in an old duffle bag and tagged it. Figured it would be a loss I could live with. It was delivered quicker than our luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I went to Walmart and got a 24 bottle case for under $3, put it in an old duffle bag and tagged it. Figured it would be a loss I could live with. It was delivered quicker than our luggage.

Was this on NCL after July 15th? I ask because you just posted " how does freestyle work.

When was this?

Thoughts?

I'm probably going to try and pack a six pack of Diet Coke in the checked bags. If they take it, they take it. It's worth a shot. Maybe the port people don't give a hoot either way, who knows?

From reviews posted, not sure if it was the Breakaway or other ships, they report signs at the pier with regard to no beverages allowed and have also reported that they didn't see anyone making a fuss with regard to the new policy, so I'm guessing it is a non-issue for most.

From reviews posted, not sure if it was the Breakaway or other ships, they report signs at the pier with regard to no beverages allowed and have also reported that they didn't see anyone making a fuss with regard to the new policy, so I'm guessing it is a non-issue for most.

meaning people tried to get water on and got it on with no issue

or

people never tried, thus the no issue

Thoughts?

Why would you chance it and then throw out a case of water? I will offer no other suggestions, because there is a water thread with 2,500+ post with all types of suggestions that don't involve breaking the rule.

I will be on the same sailing and haven't lost any sleep with this new policy.

Thoughts?

Why would you chance it and then throw out a case of water? I will offer no other suggestions, because there is a water thread with 2,500+ post with all types of suggestions that don't involve breaking the rule.

I will be on the same sailing and haven't lost any sleep with this new policy.

The odds of getting the water onboard are better than the lottery, aren't they ??

Thoughts?

Why would you do that, knowing it is not allowed?? :confused:

I agree, but to some I guess they feel they can just pick and choose the rules that they want to follow or not follow. Think if everyone did that.

I would give you the Catch 22 answer to that one. If everyone did that, then I would be a fool to not do the same.:D

I'm still waiting for responses to those who had tried and succeeded or not (after 7/15)

Me too... Lol didn't know this was such a serious topic.

Look, NCL allowed cases of water and beverages 2 weeks ago.. Not like I'm breaking all these crazy rules, like some are making it out to seem.

Some people preferred bottled spring water (myself) which a case is $4 off the boat.. $50 on the boat.. Why wouldn't I give it a try? If anything the sweaty porters will be grateful to have something to drink.

Just looking for some insight from anyone who has sailed out of NYC in the past 2 weeks...

The water on board is free and tastes fine.

Either you haven't read any of the posts on this topic by people like me who can't handle the high sodium content and/or added chlorine in the free water. Or you're stirring the pot.