Rumor from Teppanyaki on Norwegian Escape

Daghis

We had dinner at Teppanyaki last night. At the end of the meal, the chef mentioned to me that this was the last week that lobster would be available in Teppanyaki.

I have no confirmation of this, but I wanted to share it in case it matters to anyone sailing on Norwegian Escape starting next week.

We had dinner at Teppanyaki last night. At the end of the meal, the chef mentioned to me that this was the last week that lobster would be available in Teppanyaki.

I have no confirmation of this, but I wanted to share it in case it matters to anyone sailing on Norwegian Escape starting next week.

If it does, I'm willing to bet it reappears with an extra "fee", all for our convenience of course

Another straw on the camal's back?

Not making any promises but I will try and see if this is the case next week. Could you possibly try and ask someone about the internet?

Could you possibly try and ask someone about the internet?

I did speak with the internet desk manager this morning. It's still the ever-so-slow internet, but she said that they've started the upgrades. She didn't give a timeframe for when the speed would be faster, but she did advise that it won't be super-fast, just more like easily tolerable.

Sad to say, I was thinking it was a good deal, which meant it wouldn't last long. It is the best lobster on the ship. I wonder how much we eventually will have pay to get a really good meal on NCL. I'm guessing they haven't alienated enough people yet with the a la carte changes. Stay tuned! Miss a day, is a lot on NCL. Who knows what will be next.

Was lobster always on the menu? I recall eating in T. many times (although it's been a few years) and I don't remember lobster being on the menu for FREE.:confused:

Shrimp, yes. Lobster?:confused:

Was lobster always on the menu? I recall eating in T. many times (although it's been a few years) and I don't remember lobster being on the menu for FREE.:confused:

There used to be a seafood something dinner that had lobster and shrimp. There was also a land something dinner that had filet and shrimp. It wasn't until lately that they added the filet and lobster dinner. Although you could always order off the menu before, and get the filet and lobster, which we always did.

The most recent menu changed the filet and shrimp choice to filet and lobster. I am the daughter of a lobster fisherman. I only eat lobster I have seen alive. (Just a personal choice). I was planning to ask for shrimp instead anyway. By the time I sail in November they may only have chicken! SO many changes...

Del Rio must need another million dollar performance bonus cause 30 a year isn't enough.

In case it isn't clear, he is slowly and methodically stripping away every single thing that used to define cruising until he has created a bare bones, build your own experience. Some of you might say that's fine, but look at pricing. It isn't going down is it. ??

Sadly, there used to be lobster on the menu in the MDR for free at least one night.

The most recent menu changed the filet and shrimp choice to filet and lobster. I am the daughter of a lobster fisherman. I only eat lobster I have seen alive. (Just a personal choice). I was planning to ask for shrimp instead anyway. By the time I sail in November they may only have chicken! SO many changes...

Do you bring a live one with you on board?

I'm a huge seafood fan, but I've never understood people's love of lobster.

It's literally the cockroach of the sea. There are so many other things out there that taste so much better.

And they used to feed raw live lobsters to prisoners in 17 th century Salem Massachusetts too

Broiled/boiled /stuffed cooked Lobster is a delicacy to many and since I live on cape cod I can get it whenever I want and would never order what passes for lobster on a ship.....

But please don't try to say lobster isn't a great dish!!

How is the lobster at Le Bistro?

Terrible.

It's doused in a nasty thick, creamy sauce that practically hides the fact it's lobster. I agree that it's terrible. Worst meal I've ever had in a specialty restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's doused in a nasty thick, creamy sauce that practically hides the fact it's lobster. I agree that it's terrible. Worst meal I've ever had in a specialty restaurant.

Agreed

Interesting. I've had it twice on GA and liked it. Granted, it's not a lot of meat, but the sauce is a relatively mild butter-based affair, and it means the meat isn't dried out like the lobster with my surf n turf in Cagney's.

(It IS possible to cook lobster without drying it out or making it rubbery, but the only cruise ship I've been on that did so successfully was DCL, in an upcharge.)