Tropical System heading towards Western Carib

floridian1

Sailing tomorrow on a 6 day western caribbean on the escape...heading to Roatan, Belize & cozumel...checked out the news and saw theres a 60% chance of a storm developing in the next few days in the WESTERN CARIBBEAN!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php?basin=atlc&fdays=5

How does NCL handle these situations?

Was so looking forward to snorkeling and our private tour with Ronys tours in Roatan and Cave tubing in Belize..worried these wont happen now.:eek:

NCL has a team of a half-dozen or so employees in Miami. Their only job is to wish away bad weather.

Each ship used to have its own weather wishing team, but due to recent cutbacks, the program has been centralized in Miami.

Sailing tomorrow on a 6 day western caribbean on the escape...heading to Roatan, Belize & cozumel...checked out the news and saw theres a 60% chance of a storm developing in the next few days in the WESTERN CARIBBEAN!

Was so looking forward to snorkeling and our private tour with Ronys tours in Roatan and Cave tubing in Belize..worried these wont happen now.:eek:

Join our Roll Call for 7/31

Last August we were on the 8/20 sailing of the Getaway, and a hurricane (Danny I think?) was heading to St. Thomas, so they sailed out of its path and went to Ocho Rios and Cozumel instead of St. Thomas and Tortola. I was very excited about the change, but there were just as many disappointed people.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last August we were on the 8/20 sailing of the Getaway, and a hurricane (Danny I think?) was heading to St. Thomas, so they sailed out of its path and went to Ocho Rios and Cozumel instead of St. Thomas and Tortola. I was very excited about the change, but there were just as many disappointed people.

We were on that same cruise and it was still a great week. They do a great job of sailing out of the way and setting up new excursions for you to book if you wish.

We were on the Oasis I believe docked next to you in Cozumel last August. Didn't know you were diverted also. Have been to Cozumel a few times. Our other change was Costa Maya. Wasn't impressed. Hope we don't get diverted again, but still beats not being on the cruise. Those poor folks in the hurricanes path have to weather it out and cannot "divert". Aren't you on Escape in 3 weeks with us ? :) Regards, Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob