No clue what I'm doing

Kindman

So I'm a Disney Cruise Veteran that finally decided I've have enough of the huge price jumps year after year and I decided to leave them behind. I just booked the Harmony of the Sea for April 2017 and was wondering if someone could help a new guy out. On Disney you could plan your reservations a certain number of days out based on your club or Concierge status. How does Royal do this, obviously I have a year and a half but just curious. Thanks

So I'm a Disney Cruise Veteran that finally decided I've have enough of the huge price jumps year after year and I decided to leave them behind. I just booked the Harmony of the Sea for April 2017 and was wondering if someone could help a new guy out. On Disney you could plan your reservations a certain number of days out based on your club or Concierge status. How does Royal do this, obviously I have a year and a half but just curious. Thanks

I am on the same cruise.....April of 2017 and cannot wait to sail this ship. It is still in the process of being built, so not too much information about it, BUT it is the sister ship of the Oasis and the Allure and I have been on both of those ships. GREAT GREAT GREAT.

Yes, you will be able to make reservations, and if I recall correctly, it is 3 months before your cruise that you will be able to book all dinner and shows.

The only advise I can give to you, is just keep reading here on the RCCL boards to understand how everything works. You can even read about the Oasis and the Allure, since Harmony will be a sister ship of those two. You can also join the "Roll Call" section and see who is on your particular cruise. Good luck.....these ships are AMAZING. :)

They usually notify me by e-mail when excursions and dining times can be reserved. It should be about 2 0r 3 months prior to the cruise...usually after final payment. If your ship has an ice show, that can also be reserved and it is wise to do so.

Thank you very much, we are very excited but feeling a bit overwhelmed since changing cruise lines feel like we are relearning everything.

It's also a good idea to join or monitor your roll call. Many times they will post when things like entertainment or dining reservations have opened.

Thank you very much, we are very excited but feeling a bit overwhelmed since changing cruise lines feel like we are relearning everything.

Totally understand, but I think reading and learning about it and getting great tips and ideas from everyone here, is half the fun. :)

ps. Great idea Bob. Join the Roll Calls for our Meet and Mingle.

While my first cruise on Royal Caribbean (Anthem of the Seas) has not arrived yet, the information below is from what I have read and experienced.

While companies such as Disney open different types of reservations (i.e. dining, shows, tours) a specific number of days out, RCI has a vague window as to when various reservations may be made.

I was able to make reservations for complementary and specialty restaurants at about a year. After making them, I tried many times to make changes to two of the reservations, but my efforts were unsuccessful. I would either get an error, or the website would say the change was confirmed, yet I would never receive a confirmation email and my cruise calendar would remain with the old reservation details. At around 90 days, I was able to make changes to dining successfully.

I believe spa services became available at around 180 days, but I might be off on this one.

Some excursions started to show up at about 180 days, with more trickling onto the website over the next 90 days.

Entertainment and activities, such as shows and indoor skydiving, became available at around 85 days.

I have heard that items such as, "behind-the-scenes" tours become available sometime between 45 and 30 days out.

The Oasis class ships are amazing. You will probably find them very different from sailing Disney but different can be a very GOOD thing! Sometimes having no clue what you are doing and finding everything to be new can be very exciting. Enjoy the anticipation. As stated earlier you will be able to book various shows, dining, and excursions starting about 70 days out from your cruise. Do not miss the shows in the Aqua Theater. They are unlike anything that you will see on any ship other than RCI's Oasis class ships.

Ask away with the questions. There are plenty of us here who love talking about these ships.:)

Edited by Ocean Boy

Welcome to Royal Caribbean! You won't be sorry you "jumped ship"! LOL. I just spoke with Royal yesterday about something else and asked when MTD reservations opened up. I was told that all reservations are put on the books for the ships at 6 months out. So that's when I'll start looking to make my reservations!

Unlike Disney, Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines don't make the release date for booking excursions dependent on your status with the line. Once excursions and dining venues are released, all passengers have an equal opportunity to book them. As a consequence, you won't see a mad rush for bookings like there is on DCL.

I have no advice to offer, but just wanted to say that we are also DCL cruisers looking at Royal. With the huge price jumps, we expected new itineraries, and were disappointed to see they expected us to pay so much more for the same old same old.

I'll be following along to hear what everyone says!

(Oh, and hi from a fellow Indy resident, too!)