Anyone can help me? suggstions?

Booked on a cruise that we paid initial deposit on 10 months ago. Did not purchase trip insurance at the time. My father has found out he has some heart issues and blockage. Afraid to go. Don't want to cancel. Final payment is now due. Anyone still insure me before final payment? anyone else have this same circumstance?

thanks!

Booked on a cruise that we paid initial deposit on 10 months ago. Did not purchase trip insurance at the time. My father has found out he has some heart issues and blockage. Afraid to go. Don't want to cancel. Final payment is now due. Anyone still insure me before final payment? anyone else have this same circumstance?

thanks!

Your father's condition whould not be covered becase it's a pre-existing condition. Better to move (not cancel) the cruise to a later time.

Go to insuremytrip.com. There is at last on ensure de company that will insure for pre existing conditions as long as the insurance is purchased before final payment.

Also. Your father may have his condition taken care of before you cruise. My husband had a heart problem in September, had a heart catherization on September 8 and a triple bypass on September 28. We are planning on cruising on October 25, and his doctors have said he should go. We had made final payment in August, so we thought we would have to cancel the cruise, but he has been home for a week and is doing just fine, so we expect to go. everyone is different, and I had purchased insurance beforehand, so cancellation would not have been a problem.

Good luck!

Agreed - a little hard to read this one.

OP cookie38, let us know if Dad is booked, or if you were wanting trip insurance and advice just for your family..

I checked her other posts, she is on Norwegian Escape in January, I don't see her talking about any current Royal cruises. :confused:

Go to insuremytrip.com. There is at last on ensure de company that will insure for pre existing conditions as long as the insurance is purchased before final payment.

Also. Your father may have his condition taken care of before you cruise. My husband had a heart problem in September, had a heart catherization on September 8 and a triple bypass on September 28. We are planning on cruising on October 25, and his doctors have said he should go. We had made final payment in August, so we thought we would have to cancel the cruise, but he has been home for a week and is doing just fine, so we expect to go. everyone is different, and I had purchased insurance beforehand, so cancellation would not have been a problem.

Good luck!

I am so glad that Bill is ok. Give me a big hug for me? And one for yourself. :)

Seaus, I spoke with two other insurance carriers yesterday in length. If something were to happen to my father say, the week before we are scheduled to leave, and I decided to cancel, because HE has a prexisting condition, my cancellation of the cruise would not be covered under most insurance plans.....that is what I am trying to get coverage for.

Seaus, I spoke with two other insurance carriers yesterday in length. If something were to happen to my father say, the week before we are scheduled to leave, and I decided to cancel, because HE has a prexisting condition, my cancellation of the cruise would not be covered under most insurance plans.....that is what I am trying to get coverage for.

totally untrue. You are buying insurance for you, not every friend or relative at home.