Cruises taken/days sailed

Think you could spend 100 nights on a cruise ship? How about 1,000?

Dennis Coleman of Baltimore, MD, recently reached a milestone with Carnival that blows any loyalty level away – he recently completed his 1,000th day aboard Carnival during his 139th cruise. He is currently sailing sailing on Carnival Sunshine.

During a ceremony Carnival presented Coleman with a model ship and VIP treatment.

He recently told someone recently that he cruises more than 12 times a year with Carnival and loves it so much. The staff, dancers and waitress loves him, and he has a lot of their pictures in his computer. Carnival is like family to him.

Coleman’s first ship was Carnival Fantasy in 2003 and cruises a dozen or more times per year. He has sailed every ship in the Carnival fleet, some more than once.

139 cruises/1,000 days pales at the 700+ cruises of RCCL's top passenger.

Following was copied from USA Today Travel dated April 20, 2015

Cuban-born Mario, 65, is Royal Caribbean's top cruiser pretty much living on the line's ships – he spends only about 15 days a year at his condo in Miami. He had a career in international finance, retiring early, though he still dabbles. He's logged some 700 cruises on Royal since 2000. "I always have lived by the ocean and had a huge passion and dream for ocean travel," he says. "After completing my first cruise I made the life-defining decision to make cruising my second career." A night owl, he says among his Royal favorites is the live Latin music at Boleros lounge. He books an inside cabin – his annual cruising budget about $60,000. So far he has earned 15 free cruises in the line's loyalty program.

Edited by xxoocruiser

We like 14 night Cruises whether they are B2B or one 14 night Cruise. For us 14 nights is the perfect length for a Cruise. Need to get off the ship and recharge. We always have future Cruises booked so we don't go through Cruise withdrawals.

Edited by davekathy

139 cruises/1,000 days pales at the 700+ cruises of RCCL's top passenger.

Following was copied from USA Today Travel dated April 20, 2015

Cuban-born Mario, 65, is Royal Caribbean's top cruiser pretty much living on the line's ships – he spends only about 15 days a year at his condo in Miami. He had a career in international finance, retiring early, though he still dabbles. He's logged some 700 cruises on Royal since 2000. "I always have lived by the ocean and had a huge passion and dream for ocean travel," he says. "After completing my first cruise I made the life-defining decision to make cruising my second career." A night owl, he says among his Royal favorites is the live Latin music at Boleros lounge. He books an inside cabin – his annual cruising budget about $60,000. So far he has earned 15 free cruises in the line's loyalty program.

You can earn free cruises? What are the specifics.

Starting with your 700th cruise point, then each 350th point thereafter, RC gives you a "free cruise". (this is the "big picture" answer)

So you spend approximately two years onboard then get a free cruise. Doesn't sound like much of a reward.

So you spend approximately two years onboard then get a free cruise. Doesn't sound like much of a reward.

I may have met this dude, or another Latino in finance who basically lives on a ship and works from there. I've considered doing the same myself for a year and see if it's tenable.

700 points isn't two years. Cruisig solo in a suite gets you 3 points per day I believe. So that's about 266 days or 9 months straight. Not sure if a suite can be had for $60,000 a year but a single occupancy also gets a 150% price versus a 200% price after a bunch of hundreds of points are racked up.

Getting a free cruise every 350 points means a free cruise every 4 months if you're solo booked in a suite class cabin.

This may be dumb on my part but what if you also paid for your cruises ,and everything else for that matter, with an RCL visa that would also give you points toward future cruises? Dan

RCL BOA Visa points can be used to pay for cruises. Check out the redemption rules on your statement. There is a link there.

Or is that not what you meant?

This may be dumb on my part but what if you also paid for your cruises ,and everything else for that matter, with an RCL visa that would also give you points toward future cruises? Dan

It's gets you points to a free cruise but the points earned on RCL's VISA do not increase your C&A status.

I may have met this dude, or another Latino in finance who basically lives on a ship and works from there. I've considered doing the same myself for a year and see if it's tenable.

700 points isn't two years. Cruisig solo in a suite gets you 3 points per day I believe. So that's about 266 days or 9 months straight. Not sure if a suite can be had for $60,000 a year but a single occupancy also gets a 150% price versus a 200% price after a bunch of hundreds of points are racked up.

Getting a free cruise every 350 points means a free cruise every 4 months if you're solo booked in a suite class cabin.

Mario earned most of his points the hard way ....1(one) at a time . Mario only books inside rooms as stated in post # of this thread. During the period of 2000 to September 2013 he did not earn double points as RCCL started double points for Solos October 2013.

If you like cruising enough to spend that much time doing it, a free cruise is a very nice reward indeed, but probably isn't the primary consideration when you book your cruises.And even before you reach the plateau that will get you a free cruise there are other benefits that loyalty program members receive that will make your cruise experience a more pleasurable one (free drinks, balcony discounts, etc.) If a cruise isn't your idea of an enjoyable vacation, what kind of reward would you consider that would make your sail that much?

Edited by negc

And most C&A members have way less actual nights spent at sea than cruise Points in their C&A account.;)

Yes, you are right... Those that did a lot of weekend cruising prior to 2011 got rounded up during the conversion, but a lot of others did it and are doing it on longer cruises so each day counts.

Edited by Firefighterhoop

Yeah Merion mom that's what I was referring to. boa credit points. We have family that use that particular card for EVERYTHING and then just pay the balance at the nd of month.They have been pretty successful at meeting free cruise level of points. The best I can do is a couple hundred obc.! Lol. Dan