Anthem of the Seas maiden arrival to Cape Liberty

Hi All,

does anyone plan on going to see her maiden arrival?, will there be any party for her meetup?

I plan on being aboard for her maiden arrival. Does that count? :D

Honestly, I would love to know the answer, but I doubt much will be happening.

When Quantum sailed into NY, we were all on desk early. Champagne, New York State of Mind blasting out, helicopters film our arrival, special permission to sail past Statue of Liberty. It was incredible.

5a580f3445c6f1daf303847e0ac1370e.jpg

2c7e4b703af68eba0a2ff581c876ac47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by little britain

When Quantum sailed into NY, we were all on desk early. Champagne, New York State of Mind blasting out, helicopters film our arrival, special permission to sail past Statue of Liberty. It was incredible.

5a580f3445c6f1daf303847e0ac1370e.jpg

2c7e4b703af68eba0a2ff581c876ac47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was at the teardrop monument for her arrival! it was amazing

I'd like to go to see her arrival. This way, I can familiarize myself with the port, and the area itself, before I need to travel to the port for our cruise.

However, how long with the Anthem be home ported in NJ? Is this permanent, or will it be moved somewhere else, like they've done with the other Quantum class ships?

Edited by AndyT3

I'd like to go to see her arrival. This way, I can familiarize myself with the port, and the area itself, before I need to travel to the port for our cruise.

However, how long with the Anthem be home ported in NJ? Is this permanent, or will it be moved somewhere else, like they've done with the other Quantum class ships?

We'll be sailing on her in July. If we really, really love her, I can guarantee she'll be moved to East Gabib in short order.:(

We'll be sailing on her in July. If we really, really love her, I can guarantee she'll be moved to East Gabib in short order.:(

If they follow suite, then I'm sure this will be the case. However, if they then replace her with another new Quantum class ship, I can't say I would be too upset.

It's supposed to be permanent, but you never know.

Business is business. It will go where RCI thinks it will get the most $ from it.

That said, Anthem will be able to dock in Bermuda, Quantum could not (at the time). That increases the chances of a longer stay in NY.

Are we allowed to go there just to see the ship? We're not going on it until January, and were on Quantum last year, but would love to see it.

You won't be able to get on board but they can't stop you from going to the port. I gather there must be free (?) short term parking there since they have the 9/11 memorial nearby.