Discounts for booking specialty restaurants once on board Anthem?

We'll be on a 12 night cruise on Anthem in January. I booked all free restaurants online but would like to eat at Wonderland, especially if I can get a discount (50% would be nice). What sort of discounts have people seen offered, either on Anthem now or Quantum when it did the Caribbean itineraries out of NJ before leaving for China? On Oasis in March, I was able to get 50% off specialty restaurants the first night and on both formal nights. Since there isn't a specific "formal night" on Anthem, obviously that's not going to happen.

The 30% OBC credit you get for booking 3 or more specialties online doesn't interest me since a) I want to spend my OBC and b) I'm not planning to book 3 specialty restaurants.

Edited by MisterBill99

On the Explorer in Jan. I was all for booking 2 SR for 4 people with a discount, but since they want 3 before you get a break, we decided to only buy one.

Yes, but did you specifically ask for a discount? The 30% back/off for 3 is a standard offer. And Explorer is different than Anthem, where there are more specialty restaurants.

Yes, but did you specifically ask for a discount? The 30% back/off for 3 is a standard offer. And Explorer is different than Anthem, where there are more specialty restaurants.

The 30% for 3 is not a standard offer. It's up to 30%.

20% for 3

25% for 4

30% for 5

We have had no problems getting 20% for booking 3 onboard and we did have to ask for it.

We'll be on a 12 night cruise on Anthem in January. I booked all free restaurants online but would like to eat at Wonderland, especially if I can get a discount (50% would be nice). What sort of discounts have people seen offered, either on Anthem now or Quantum when it did the Caribbean itineraries out of NJ before leaving for China? On Oasis in March, I was able to get 50% off specialty restaurants the first night and on both formal nights. Since there isn't a specific "formal night" on Anthem, obviously that's not going to happen.

The 30% OBC credit you get for booking 3 or more specialties online doesn't interest me since a) I want to spend my OBC and b) I'm not planning to book 3 specialty restaurants.

When were you able to book the free restaurants?

Let me try my question again. Has anyone gotten a discount for a single meal at Wonderland or the other specialty restaurants on Anthem? I don't want to have to book 3, 4 or any number other than one. On Celebrity you can often walk up and get a discount from 20-50% on a given night. On Oasis I was able to get 50% off on the first night and both formal nights. How about Anthem (or even Quantum when she sailed out of NJ last winter).

The 30% for 3 is not a standard offer. It's up to 30%.

20% for 3

25% for 4

30% for 5

I don't know what cruise you're on, but when I go to book dining on my 12 night Anthem, it very clearly says you get 30% back for making 3 reservations.

I don't know what cruise you're on, but when I go to book dining on my 12 night Anthem, it very clearly says you get 30% back for making 3 reservations.

This deal has been offered by Royal on all ships for the past while. If Anthem is offering anything different it is the first that's it's been reported. In the small print it says up to 30% off

The only extra deals that I have read about people receiving are as you described the 50% off on the first night and even that is not common. Being D+ will get you the coupon for a buy one get one free as well.

image.jpg1_zpsltqjzboh.jpg

This deal has been offered by Royal on all ships for the past while. If Anthem is offering anything different it is the first that's it's been reported. In the small print it says up to 30% off
You're right. I'm usually good at catching the "up to" but I missed it here.

I got the choice of Wonderland or Jamie's Italian for FREE. So I took Jamie's as I had eating in Wonderland twice before and Jamie's only once.

To find out how, read all in my review here: http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2243010

I've read your review in detail and lived it but don't know I can commit the time to re-read again. Can you just share the secret of the free Wonderland meal?

In April our friends received 20% off on the first night in Wonderland on Quantum, like someone else indicated, they did ask for a discount, we had the BOGO. We enjoyed eating in Wonderland and booked it again :)

In April our friends received 20% off on the first night in Wonderland on Quantum, like someone else indicated, they did ask for a discount, we had the BOGO. We enjoyed eating in Wonderland and booked it again :)

Thanks.. that's what I was hoping to hear.

Just off Anthem.

We got 30% off Jamies. We were looking at the menu one evening and the waiter came over and offered 30% off if we ate on the next sea day. We said we didnt want to eat on that sea day but on a certain port day and he offered the 30% anyway.

I saw someone entering bookings into their system for Jamies from the manual sheets the people had completed when they tout for business round the ship. The sheet had a discount column and I could see discounts of 20 to 30% in that column. Have to say Jamies was excellent. Great value with the discount and huge portions of excellent food.

Think you could easily get a discount elsewhere too. Wonderland looked the quietest most nights.

Thanks for the info! I figured that discounts were available. When I was on Oasis in March, there was someone standing in the promenade when we boarded trying to book speciality restaurants for the first night and she was offering the 50% off.

Jamie's menu doesn't excite me that much because of dietary restrictions, but I have to eat at Wonderland. I love Qsine on Celebrity, and this seems like the next level. Interesting that you said it wasn't very busy. I wonder if that will change when the ship comes to NJ and whether the passengers here will be more adventurous diners and bring more business to Wonderland? I can definitely see that it's not for everyone.

We received 20% off for first night at Wonderland on Quantum.

We then received a 2nd discount based on the fact we ate at 4 specialties. We also got money back because my son being 10 ate a child's rate. I ended up with more of a refund than I was expecting so I didn't make anyone explain it to me.

Wonderland is a different and fun experience. Sets a great stage for a cruise since the welcome aboard show tends to just be blahh. We sailed out of Cape Liberty and Wonderland was busy the whole week.

We ate at Jamies 2x (lunch when we boarded best thing ever and dinner) The waitor told us and heard from other people that they had to turn people away all week it was so booked. So I guess it depends on the sailing.

Edited by Jenjer

We received 20% off for first night at Wonderland on Quantum.

We ate at Jamies 2x (lunch when we boarded best thing ever and dinner) The waitor told us and heard from other people that they had to turn people away all week it was so booked. So I guess it depends on the sailing.

Sou you did Jamies for lunch on embarkation and then Wonderland for dinner the same day? That seems like a lot of food for the day! Although I guess that Wonderland is lots of small courses, so I'm not sure how full you end up being.

Wonderland was fully booked when I sailed as on the second week people were being turned away.

This is why pre booking always works.

I don't want to pre-book because a) I want to spend my OBC and b) I want a discount. I'm willing to take my chances. I have 12 nights and I'm sure something will be available.

If I can get a discount the first night, then I guess that will be one less time I eat at Devinly Decadence, which will please you :).

Edited by MisterBill99

Thanks for the info! I figured that discounts were available. When I was on Oasis in March, there was someone standing in the promenade when we boarded trying to book speciality restaurants for the first night and she was offering the 50% off.

Jamie's menu doesn't excite me that much because of dietary restrictions, but I have to eat at Wonderland. I love Qsine on Celebrity, and this seems like the next level. Interesting that you said it wasn't very busy. I wonder if that will change when the ship comes to NJ and whether the passengers here will be more adventurous diners and bring more business to Wonderland? I can definitely see that it's not for everyone.

We loved Qsine too, the food at Wonderland is not quite the same as Qsine, nor is the presentation, Wonderland is quite different, you'll still enjoy it :)

We loved Qsine too, the food at Wonderland is not quite the same as Qsine, nor is the presentation, Wonderland is quite different, you'll still enjoy it :)

Yes, I know they're different, but both unusual. Here's a question.. I know that Qsine is more fun with a group because you get to try more items. We had dinner with 6 people on Summit in August and it was great. Is Wonderland the same way or will we get the full experience with just 2? It seems like many of the portions are small so you don't have the same situation with too much food as you have at Qsine.

Just off the Anthem and I ate in Wonderland. Did enjoy eating as two but I think it would be better the more people you have in the party. The waiter brought out two rounds of small dishes and then one round of main courses. I did find the amount of food brought out for the main courses way too much, definitely not small [emoji3] Great food though. The only time I saw discounts for Wonderland was at the Taste of Anthem event