Help with Crown & Anchor free drinks question

joanne59

This is our first cruise since they began the program of loading the 3 complimentary drinks per day, on to your seas pass card. Can you use them throughout the day, or only in the evening? I understand that this is in addition to the cocktail hours set up I the Viking Crown Lounge. Looking forward to enjoying this 'new' perk from RCCL. Thanks

This is our first cruise since they began the program of loading the 3 complimentary drinks per day, on to your seas pass card. Can you use them throughout the day, or only in the evening? I understand that this is in addition to the cocktail hours set up I the Viking Crown Lounge. Looking forward to enjoying this 'new' perk from RCCL. Thanks

You will receive info in the cabin explaining the restrictions.

Basically it is 3 per EVENING, and limited to the same drinks available in the diamond lounge and during the same hours the cocktail hour(s) takes place in the Diamond Lounge. Unused vouchers expire each evening.

Enjoy

M

Thanks to everyone for their insight. We really enjoyed this perk on the Majesty--it worked well with the early dinner seating. We had a great server in the lounge, then found another one who kept up supplied with drinks after dinner in the Schooner bar while we enjoyed the piano player. We have always find that as long as we tip accordingly, we will be served all cruise, no matter the time of day. I prefer to spread out my drinking all day...it's difficult for me to drink that much between 5-8:30, so he "bent" the rules and kept them coming all night, without going over the 3 per evening complimentary limit. It's never been necessary to purchase a drink package, this deal is more than enough for us.

• 4 weeks later...

We are cruising in a few days, the first time cruising with the 3 free drink vouchers in the evening. The last time we cruised, we had the diamond booklets with the free drinks. My question is, can you use those drink vouchers for soda, and also can you use them in the dining room that night. It says the hours are from 5-9:30 to use the vouchers, so I assume you can use them in the dining room. But, would like to know for sure. Thanks!

We are cruising in a few days, the first time cruising with the 3 free drink vouchers in the evening. The last time we cruised, we had the diamond booklets with the free drinks. My question is, can you use those drink vouchers for soda, and also can you use them in the dining room that night. It says the hours are from 5-9:30 to use the vouchers, so I assume you can use them in the dining room. But, would like to know for sure. Thanks!

The 3 Diamond (and above) vouchers cannot be used in any restaurant or dining room.

Our last cruise on Indy the vouchers could not be used in the MDR, Windjammer, or the Champagne bar. They can be used for soda. And the hrs. were from 5 PM to 8:30 PM.

they are only valid when the Diamond and Concierge(or Suite, depending on ship) Lounges are serving the evening cocktail hour.

they are also technically limited to the same kinds of drinks as well.

The technicality of the vouchers being for the same drinks available in the D lounge presented a problem for us.

We sailed on Freedom in late August. Lounge was crowded so we went out into the VCL for our drinks. I always get a margarita straight up in the lounge. Asked for this in the VCL, told I couldn't, not on the coupon, tried to tell me that I could get a shot of tequila but not the rest. Ended up he billed it as a shot and gave me the drink.

Had the same thing happen again at another bar. Went to Bertie (the D concierge) and told him about it. He told me that they are supposed to do it, there was considerable confusion and he was trying to address it. Now these vouchers have been around a while, so why the bartenders and servers were still confused is what gets me.

And Bertie told me that I should have been able to get a frozen non alcoholic and then they'd give me the shot, but at the bar they told me I had to pay for the non alcoholic and then I could use the voucher for the shot.

Others on our cruise reported no such problems, so it seems to vary by bar and server.

After this happened, I told my mother that I was not going anywhere but the D lounge. It was too much of a hassle to try and enjoy a drink anywhere else (at least for me). What was supposed to be an enjoyable benefit turned into a not pleasant evening.

Thanks to everyone for their insight. We really enjoyed this perk on the Majesty--it worked well with the early dinner seating. We had a great server in the lounge, then found another one who kept up supplied with drinks after dinner in the Schooner bar while we enjoyed the piano player. We have always find that as long as we tip accordingly, we will be served all cruise, no matter the time of day. I prefer to spread out my drinking all day...it's difficult for me to drink that much between 5-8:30, so he "bent" the rules and kept them coming all night, without going over the 3 per evening complimentary limit. It's never been necessary to purchase a drink package, this deal is more than enough for us.

that's basically one per hour., one before dinner, bring one to dinner and then one after dinner.

I would be furious if I found out a bartender was serving free voucher drinks outside of the posted restrictions. that's not fair to everyone else who would also like to do their drinking during the day without having pay for it.

Thanks for your help! So, we can get soda with them, but can only use them in one of the bars or lounges, right? So, we could get the free drink and then take it to the dining room with us, correct?

Correct on both counts.

soda: yes.

MDR: NO. only lounges/bars. but you may certainly get one and bring it IN to the MDR.

Ok, since someone mentioned soda. Do kids get the three free drinks? Ours earned their points too! (I'm guessing no, had assumed no, but the free soda made me ask)

No drink vouchers for guests under age 18.

Edited by clarea

Ok, since someone mentioned soda. Do kids get the three free drinks? Ours earned their points too! (I'm guessing no, had assumed no, but the free soda made me ask)

kids do get their own version of coupons pre loaded but as I have none don't keep track of what they get exactly. that being said, as general rule they do NOT have access to the Diamond lounge during cocktail hour on some ships. they DO have access to the Concierge Lounge

so by that logic( I know I know, logic plus cruise lines :roll eyes:)

if Junior was D+ then yes they could get their sodas or mocktails any where. if Junior was merely D, then if the DConcierge allows children in during the cocktail hours, they could get them IN the Lounge only. if Junior was merely in a suite and not D or D+... well I have yet to sail on a ship with the new Suite lounge so cannot even hazard a guess.

We will be on our first rci cruise the end of November. We are are elite with Celebrity so we will be diamond members on this cruise. Could someone please tell me what drinks we will have to choose from or is there somewhere to find this info. From the posts above I understand we have the choice of the 3 vouchers or to go to the Diamond lounge. Am I getting that right? Thanks for your help!

We will be on our first rci cruise the end of November. We are are elite with Celebrity so we will be diamond members on this cruise. Could someone please tell me what drinks we will have to choose from or is there somewhere to find this info. From the posts above I understand we have the choice of the 3 vouchers or to go to the Diamond lounge. Am I getting that right? Thanks for your help!

You have the vouchers to use at any bar outside the lounge AND you have unlimited drinks inside the lounge. Typical drinks:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44235491&postcount=12

We were on the Independence in August and we did not get any vouchers and I did not know we could get 3 free drinks a night. About the 3rd night I decided to get a drink before dinner and when the bartender took my card, she gave it back to me and said since I was Diamond I get 3 free a night. Never took my card for the rest of the cruise. It was between 4 or 5 and 8 pm only

We have not used the vouchers before. I know you can get soda, but are they fountain ones or in the cans? Also, can you get bottled water with the vouchers? Thanks!

We've been able to get cans of soda with the vouchers. I don't think it's normal to be able to get bottled water with the vouchers, but some have reported success.