Royal Caribbean Website Update

Please Please Please bring back the function to search by State for any residency discounts to return only those cruises that have a Residency Discount instead of all of the cruises in the database.

Thank you!

I'll second that. Same with Senior and Military rates.

Interesting timing. With a developing storm they are going to take their site down. I hope that the updates are better than normal or their site comes back online in time. Just odd to do an update when more people might be looking to the website for updates.

Again, I bet the front end changes to the user, but the back end that does all the calculations etc. will stay exactly the same (the My Cruises Section for example), so all the awful re-pricing bugs that can occur depending on which way you log in will still exist!

Would have been nice if you had also said .com.au. Or has it just gone down unexpectedly?

I have my fingers crossed that the "my cruises" function might get back to normal (or maybe even better then normal!) as the site has been scarring a lot of people with cruises dropping off, and your help line usually knows nothing about it, and says they can see your cruise (comforting at least) and it should be fine if you try and log in again later. Seriously, give them some info so they can at least sound like they know what is happening.

Thanks for the heads up anyhow, but an indication of how international versions are being affected would be nice.

RCI%20oops.jpg

Would have been nice if you had also said .com.au. Or has it just gone down unexpectedly?

No, same thing. The websites are fed from the same source, hence why our site often goes down early afternoon.

Thanks for the heads up anyhow, but an indication of how international versions are being affected would be nice.

International is even in the name, but messages are often only for the US region...

OMG> This is AWFUL. So many problems on my end. They want all of your info....name, address, etc...before even selecting cabin. When I get to that part, it is not allowing me to select cabin, deck or category.

It automatically assigns me a cabin. When I try and change it, it will not allow me to.

I tried over and over again. HORRIBLE.

I have my fingers crossed that the "my cruises" function might get back to normal (or maybe even better then normal!) as the site has been scarring a lot of people with cruises dropping off, and your help line usually knows nothing about it, and says they can see your cruise (comforting at least) and it should be fine if you try and log in again later. Seriously, give them some info so they can at least sound like they know what is happening.

RCI%20oops.jpg

LOL:D It goes on vacation here! That is very funny. :D

OMG> This is AWFUL. So many problems on my end. They want all of your info....name, address, etc...before even selecting cabin. When I get to that part, it is not allowing me to select cabin, deck or category.

It automatically assigns me a cabin. When I try and change it, it will not allow me to.

I tried over and over again. HORRIBLE.

You might need to give it a bit more time, we are finding the pictures icons are showing as broken links, so it may not be quite ready yet.

No, same thing. The websites are fed from the same source, hence why our site often goes down early afternoon.

International is even in the name, but messages are often only for the US region...

Probably good that I often check things out in the morning while having breaky :)

LOL:D It goes on vacation here! That is very funny. :D

Yep, we like holidays better :)

Just a quick look, and it looks like the search function has a drop down for BALCONY category! Yay!!!! I don't want to know the cheapest inside, I want to know what a balcony will cost. One tick from me. I haven't tried to book yet though. :eek: And some of my cruises are still missing from the "My Cruises". It will be interesting to see how it all goes once fully functional.

RC's site now appears only to show only the cheapest category in a class of cabins. If you want a higher priced category in that class of cabin you must do Cabin Locator request and then it will show options in that higher price category only if you pick an available cabin. Not if one selects a not available cabin in that higher priced category.

This is a problem mainly with Inside, Ocean View and Balcony cabins although it will show B, C , E and D options for the latter but not the different number or sub-categories in each. Same goes for L suites on Oasis class ships.

RC's IT department has reached a new low in the quality of their work and how user unfriendly their site is. :mad:

It's definitely different, but I kinda like it. It took me a minute to figure out how to search for cabins, but at least it seems to bring up more available cabins now.

Of course the big box sites are still easier.

Edited by sr4mjc