drinks package - to book before or onboard?

I am surprised they would allow one drinks package purchase with 2 people on the booking. They will be giving themselves the hassle of having to police it. Those with a drinks package are NOT allowed to buy drinks for other people, it is a throw off ship offence.

ps - I have bought drinks packages on Spirit and Majesty which have vouchers which you exchange for the free drink. Maybe that is what the reps are referring to?

Edited by davecttr

They've also said we could book for our first week onboard then decide if we wanted to add the drinks package for week 2 on day 8 but if we book prior to departure we need to book for the full two weeks. It's all a bit fraustrating.

That sounds right - if you are on 2 x stand alone 7 nights cruises "back to back" you'll have that choice..........presumably.

As mentioned, the option to pay for one person only on the drinks package does not sound correct, and (again as stated above) contradicts Thomsons terms and conditions.

I know of at least one cruise line which does allow this - where a client produces a doctor's letter to the effect that he/she is advised to refrain from alcohol on health grounds.

Royal Caribbean now allow one person to book the drinks package when there are two on the booking. We always get drinks package each as we like a few drinks. The idea behind allowing one person was because it was penalising both if one was not an alcohol drinker.They do monitor people at the bars to try to stop ine person getting the other ones drinks in their card.

You are allowed 2 drinks per card , majesty ,29 April 2016 . Also try the first week but pay before you go then during that week you can decide if you want it the next week and add it to your booking by calling Thomson ,as it's a stand alone week .

You are allowed 2 drinks per card , majesty ,29 April 2016 . Also try the first week but pay before you go then during that week you can decide if you want it the next week and add it to your booking by calling Thomson ,as it's a stand alone week .

As I understand it you are allowed to buy 2 drinks per card because the staff have got to know you and also know the other person in your cabin has also bought the drinks package. If one person was allowed to buy the drinks package and purchase 2 drinks per transaction everybody would be doing it :eek:

when on the dream and spirit it was one per card until they get to know you to make sure you are not getting drinks for anyone who hasn't go the ai

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the helpful info but I was wondering which soft drinks are included on AI? My husband has a caffeine intolerance so doesn't drink coke or diet coke and I've only heard people mentioning cans of Fanta etc which they have to pay a supplement for.

Thanks for the helpful info but I was wondering which soft drinks are included on AI? My husband has a caffeine intolerance so doesn't drink coke or diet coke and I've only heard people mentioning cans of Fanta etc which they have to pay a supplement for.

ANything by the glass is included. Same drink in a can is charged (supplement if on AI).

There is loads of choice other than coke. You have fanta (orange) and sprite by the glass.

Then there is the mocktails and fruit juices.

My personal favourites were the virgin daiquiri's. The flavours were strawberry, raspberry, banana, lemon, lime and peach. It's just flavour and crushed ice, perfect after a hot afternoon in the sun.

ANything by the glass is included. Same drink in a can is charged (supplement if on AI).

There is loads of choice other than coke. You have fanta (orange) and sprite by the glass.

Then there is the mocktails and fruit juices.

My personal favourites were the virgin daiquiri's. The flavours were strawberry, raspberry, banana, lemon, lime and peach. It's just flavour and crushed ice, perfect after a hot afternoon in the sun.

the daiquiris virgin or alcoholic are not included in the ai on the spirit tough hey carry a supplement

the daiquiris virgin or alcoholic are not included in the ai on the spirit tough hey carry a supplement

The virgin, alcoholic or mocktail ones are all included on the Celebration.

OP is on the Discovery, so no idea what they are doing onboard.

Well i would like to know you've taken the trouble to record your experiences so please post them, as I said originally the cabin looked smaller when we visited, as guests, but it would be nice to have your review. Two weeks on Thursday until we go so it would be nice to know your opinion on the entertainment etc, we have been on the ship many times so ,to us, general info not so important.

Well i would like to know you've taken the trouble to record your experiences so please post them, as I said originally the cabin looked smaller when we visited, as guests, but it would be nice to have your review. Two weeks on Thursday until we go so it would be nice to know your opinion on the entertainment etc, we have been on the ship many times so ,to us, general info not so important.

was in 005 on the celebration just after the balconies were fitted its a square sized cabin very good size, the bathroom is in the corner near the balcony doors, a brilliant sized balcony we didn't have a sun bed on at he time, but heard it does now, only has the one wardrobe though, plenty of drawer space its a twin bed cabin that converts to a double.

Its also in a corridor of its own, been in 001 and 011 on the spirit deluxe balcony cabins and found it no smaller than those, hope this helps