Kids on Seadream

Crabbyguy

Checked with an old lawyer chum of mine from my airline days who tells me that a cruise line CAN

set out in their "Conditions of Carriage" the terms i.e. ages, etc. under which they will transport

children.

So then, it seems most cruise companies accept children as a matter of putting "arses in the

cabin" ... pure economics. As a dyed-in-the wool capitalist, guess I would have a tough time trying

to justify to SD the wisdom of turning away paying passengers. Guess we'll just hope we can

get information as to whether or not kids are aboard when we make future bookings and decide

if we sail or not.

Amen!

Checked with an old lawyer chum of mine from my airline days who tells me that a cruise line CAN

set out in their "Conditions of Carriage" the terms i.e. ages, etc. under which they will transport

children.

So then, it seems most cruise companies accept children as a matter of putting "arses in the

cabin" ... pure economics. As a dyed-in-the wool capitalist, guess I would have a tough time trying

to justify to SD the wisdom of turning away paying passengers. Guess we'll just hope we can

get information as to whether or not kids are aboard when we make future bookings and decide

if we sail or not.

Amen!

And after further consideration, I've come to realize that the biggest hazard to fellow passengers on our Dec 2016 10 day SD cruise is not children, it is the sight of ol' Ragnar in a speedo, doing cannonballs in the pool, displacing all the jaccuzzi water, and hogging all the pass-around snacks. If parents want to expose their children to that, more power to them. But I suspect we will have the yacht mostly to ourselves, at least after the first day of the cruise.

PS - you know that guy coming down the aisle on an airplane that strikes horror in your heart at the thought of him trying to sit next to you? Well that guy is terrified that ol' Ragnar will sit next to HIM...

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

And after further consideration, I've come to realize that the biggest hazard to fellow passengers on our Dec 2016 10 day SD cruise is not children, it is the sight of ol' Ragnar in a speedo, doing cannonballs in the pool, displacing all the jaccuzzi water, and hogging all the pass-around snacks. If parents want to expose their children to that, more power to them. But I suspect we will have the yacht mostly to ourselves, at least after the first day of the cruise.

PS - you know that guy coming down the aisle on an airplane that strikes horror in your heart at the thought of him trying to sit next to you? Well that guy is terrified that ol' Ragnar will sit next to HIM...

And I expect the pool deck would be a great place to play with your toy tanks as well..

• 3 months later...
I wonder if Cunard charged for the baby's passage.

According to the reports, yes. Also, as QM2 was entering NYC at the time, the baby has been declared an American...Parents are German. Go figure. Ship is registered in Bermuda. Evidently, all you need is a boat and get into US waters and you can have your baby be American.

Edited by Jim Avery

According to the reports, yes. Also, as QM2 was entering NYC at the time, the baby has been declared an American...Parents are German. Go figure. Ship is registered in Bermuda. Evidently, all you need is a boat and get into US waters and you can have your baby be American.

But can he be President? LOL.