Walking poles!

Presto2

I used to pack a screwdriver in case of loose glasses - until I realised it is much easier to call a ship's engineer ;)

Ah but they were no good for horses Sharon ?.......?.....

Returning to the original subject, we have just returned from a cruise to the canary islands and took two walking poles with us for the La Palma Volcano Hike (highly recommended by the way). We tied them together with a couple of elastic bands and put a luggage label on them and they were delivered to our cabin on embarkation and then shore side on our return with our suitcases without any trouble.

Returning to the original subject, we have just returned from a cruise to the canary islands and took two walking poles with us for the La Palma Volcano Hike (highly recommended by the way). We tied them together with a couple of elastic bands and put a luggage label on them and they were delivered to our cabin on embarkation and then shore side on our return with our suitcases without any trouble.

Hi, we did that one last year -- the wine tasting after was much needed. Had no poles last year though, and have learned that lesson!

Am guessing that you have sailed from Southampton for your cruise as we did last year. We are doing the fly / cruise this year, so are thinking that they will have to go in the cases now though - if they don't fit it looks like we'll be climbing up the walls of Kotor on all 4s!:D

Excuse me, as the female half, I pack screwdriver, first aid kit, torch, adapters, leads, needle and thread bottle opener, and his indigestion tablets.

Me too! I even have to check he has packed the right clothes....as they are the only items he thinks he needs.....:D

Hi, we did that one last year -- the wine tasting after was much needed. Had no poles last year though, and have learned that lesson!

Am guessing that you have sailed from Southampton for your cruise as we did last year. We are doing the fly / cruise this year, so are thinking that they will have to go in the cases now though - if they don't fit it looks like we'll be climbing up the walls of Kotor on all 4s!:D

I don't know what brand of poles you have but if you give our Leki ones a sharp tug they split into three sections which easily fit lengthwise in the suitcase.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't know what brand of poles you have but if you give our Leki ones a sharp tug they split into three sections which easily fit lengthwise in the suitcase.

We had no problem with them in the suitcase. Now walking up to the top of that wall in Kotor was another story. ;-) Survived on 2 legs (no need for all fours) and have some stunning pictures :-)

Walking poles if extended are simply walking sticks no issue. If retracted again no problem especially if in hold cases.

I intend taking mine for our Nowegian Fjord cruise. My knees and ankles arnt always good and the poles really aid walking stability and confidence.

They are going in my main cases. We arnt flying but in any case they are not an issue.

You can safely take knitting pins in cabin case and knit while on a plane so walking poles are not an issue.

Now ref Swiss Army knife and horse hooves. I'm a horse owner and REALLY do not want my horses feet picked out with a knife ..the scary part of risking it into his soles is far too scary to consider.

Leave the knife at home ..Horses are far safer now

and here's me thinking those swiss army knife gizmos were for removing boy scouts from horses hooves, not stones :confused::confused::confused: