Aurora or Ociana

Kate333

Personally I would go for Aurora, she has had a recent refit. It's been a long time since I sailed on her but she was a lovely ship. Whilst everyone has their own point of view, mine is that Oceana is the worst in the fleet, the food and service wasn't to the same standard as other ships in my opinion - and she is looking tired. We never book her anymore. Have a great cruise. You could check out You Tube videos to help you decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for Aurora.

She is a beautiful traditional ship.

She also has the crows nest, lovely for the views.

I hated Oceana when we went on her. The "bathrooms" were the size of a cupboard. open the door, toilet left, basin in front, shower right. So small we had to come into the cabin to dry ourselves off properly.

Nice atrium, but the bathroom put me off ever sailing on her again. Oh and no crows nest. If I remember the bar was towards the back of the ship, so no views.

Oceana is more laid back and relaxed than Aurora and lacks the signature Epicurean and Sindhu restaurants of other P&O ships. I have had several happy cruises on her but IMO this quality of the onboard musicians makes a big difference, This applies to all ships of course. Aurora is more formal or rather there are more formal venues than Oceana, who only has one formal bar. I found the glasshouse on aurora a waste of space, dark, dingy and no atmosphere plus hardly any customers. Also Andersons is peculiar. It is not the main bar, the poor champions is meant to be that. Andersons usually has more staff than customers, except before dinner on formal night. Oceana is due a refit in December 2017.

Looking to book our 1st p&o cruise but can't decide which ship to choose, both have the same itineries we want. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

People have assumed that when you said "Ociana" you meant Oceana, but was it perhaps a typo for Oriana?

People have assumed that when you said "Ociana" you meant Oceana, but was it perhaps a typo for Oriana?

That was my thought and in that case I'd opt for Oriana but its a tough call since it all depends what you like to do and want from your cruise.

Thank you for your helpful comments, having before only done 2 Celebrity cruises, we wanted something similar, and I think from your comments The Aurora would the better choice, thank you.

Thank you for your helpful comments, having before only done 2 Celebrity cruises, we wanted something similar, and I think from your comments The Aurora would the better choice, thank you.

I think I'd agree. I see we are close neighbours - I live in Weston.

IF the OP means Oceana - I'd point out that the cabins are generally smaller.

IF the OP means Oriana - I'd point out my preference for an Adults Only ship.

My personal preferences - and these are mine only, other people may well have different preferences>>>

1. Oriana

2. Arcadia

3. Aurora

5. Azura

6. Ventura

Oceana is missing from these preferences - in warm weather I'd put her at number 4, but at 7 in cold weather.

Britannia is also missing - I've not been on her yet - so I can't really judge (but I do like Royal Princess & Regal Princess - so I have high hopes for March 2018)

Last week we were on an excursion with a group of cruisers who were on the Aurora. We were on Oceana (and loved it incidentally). They had been on both ships and liked both very much and would sail on either again. Similarly, we met some folk on Ventura and they said the same. I think it is difficult to say what someone else would prefer, as we are all different and like / dislike different things.