Amber Cove

kruzseeka

I know this is quite a new PoC but P&O did include it on itineraries last year. I understand it's not like Grand Turk in that there isn't a beach there. Ideally we'd like a transfer to a nice beach but the excursions are now available to book and I'm a bit dismayed that the options indicate a bumpy ride on rough roads for anything up to 45 mins each way and they do include a rider that it's not suitable for those with 'injuries' - for that I read my back might not like it!!!!

So can anyone help please with experience of this port of call? Any knowledge of the port, hotels/beaches in the vicinity and any other advice would be much appreciated.

(I have looked at the destinations guide and PoC forum but not picked up anything very helpful.)

Edited by kruzseeka

You could also check out the videos by Sea Cruisers on You Tube. They recently uploaded their experience on Adonia, currently sailing under the Fathom flag. They were in port in Amber Cove for 3 or 4 nights, there is a secure pool in the docking area.

I know this is quite a new PoC but P&O did include it on itineraries last year. I understand it's not like Grand Turk in that there isn't a beach there. Ideally we'd like a transfer to a nice beach but the excursions are now available to book and I'm a bit dismayed that the options indicate a bumpy ride on rough roads for anything up to 45 mins each way and they do include a rider that it's not suitable for those with 'injuries' - for that I read my back might not like it!!!!

So can anyone help please with experience of this port of call? Any knowledge of the port, hotels/beaches in the vicinity and any other advice would be much appreciated.

(I have looked at the destinations guide and PoC forum but not picked up anything very helpful.)

Although not beach there it is very nice plenty of loungers, pool, large bar and restaurant, nice views, zip line to keep kids occupied lol - very nice relaxing day - better than a 45 minute Bumpy ride to the beach :)

• 8 months later...
There is a report on the Fathom board about a fire in a rubbish dump there.

David

Yes, it burned continually while we were docked for three days last summer. We saw several of them burning throughout the island. Terrible smell!

Anyway, no beaches in sight. Stick with the pool at port.

My friend did a trip to the VIP Serenity Resort. I know she did it with P&O and she said it was great. If it's not on your list, it is on the link posted by FAB

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is what we did in the end - highly recommend it. Only a very short coach transfer on proper roads and a beautiful resort. Only issue - I would have liked to stay all day!

It wasn't available on the shore excursions prior to departure but was advertised on board and as the rough road aspect wasn't an issue with this one we decided to go for it and were very pleased that we did.

Just noticed this is an old thread kruzseeka. Don't know why it has suddenly popped back again.

Glad you enjoyed the resort. We're going to do the same next year and maybe we'll look and see if any other shore excursion people are offering a full day. Glad you enjoyed it.

Just noticed this is an old thread kruzseeka. Don't know why it has suddenly popped back again.

Glad you enjoyed the resort. We're going to do the same next year and maybe we'll look and see if any other shore excursion people are offering a full day. Glad you enjoyed it.

I think someone must have looked up Amber Cove and this thread popped up so they gave an update on the tyre fires. I'm glad we didn't have that problem.

We too are going to Amber Cove next year and would like to go back. P&O excursions haven't been released yet for our cruise but on their destination guides with 'typical' excursions, this resort doesn't figure. So perhaps your idea of seeing if you can do it privately is the way to go. I certainly would like to go back. Hope you can get there - I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Idyllic!