Ice cream pass and kids club

lexilexi07

Hi there.

We are considering booking our first p&o cruise. We have two small children and ice cream is a favourite of thiers. On other ships they have self serve complimentary ice cream but I notice that p&o offer, at a cost, an ice cream pass. Is there still your basic self serve ice cream available?

Kids club - if you wish can you accompany your children to the kids clubs or do you have to drop them off and leave?

Thank you

Hi there.

We are considering booking our first p&o cruise. We have two small children and ice cream is a favourite of thiers. On other ships they have self serve complimentary ice cream but I notice that p&o offer, at a cost, an ice cream pass. Is there still your basic self serve ice cream available?

Kids club - if you wish can you accompany your children to the kids clubs or do you have to drop them off and leave?

Thank you

Hi - no there are no self serve ice cream available. You will have to pay extra for ice cream apart from kids tea - Where ice cream is available free every day. I believe the ice cream passes only entitle you to the soft Mr. whippy style ice cream , but I am not 100% sure on that.

With regards to the kids clubs ,When our daughter went to the kids club( age 2-4 years) a few years ago - both parents could stay .However I believe that has now changed to only 1 parent to stop the club being too crowded. I will say that the kids clubs are fantastic on P and O - the staff are great and I have always felt happy to leave my dd there. In fact the only problem we have is getting her out!!!!! You can also request a pager so they can contact you if your child is upset too.

Hth's

Sue

I can confirm that the ice cream card is fixed price with a number of spaces to stamp as ice creams are issued and that these are only the basic small soft ice cream as indicated by lexilexi.

Under 2 year's of age parents must remain in the club with child. Over 2 they like parents to only stay a limited time until children settle.

The night nursery is another thing to think about for under 5's as I recall. Operating for under 5's who are sleeping or sleepy on arrival. The facility runs from about 10pm or 11pm to 2am. It is free of charge.

Pagers available to anyone who asks to be pulled back and settle a chlid who gets upset etc.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

We have never found the ice cream cards worth it, they can have it at kids' tea anyway and they always see some fabulous concoction someone else has and want that instead! We have never ended up using the whole card unless my son has treated all his kids club friends to it as well which rather defeats the point...