email today from NCL RE: Volume of kids??

tursia

I know my kids went in an out depending on if the activity offered interested them. So, maybe, worst case scenario, when you go to drop off, you have to wait until someone else wants to leave before you can drop off.

We had this happen on Disney during an Easter cruise. We once had to wait until a child left before we could drop off our child. If it's for safety, I'm all for it.

We had this happen on Disney during an Easter cruise. We once had to wait until a child left before we could drop off our child. If it's for safety, I'm all for it.

I totally agree with you. Safety first no matter what! Worst case scenario if it's too crowded...we get to spend more time with the kids!

My son has food allergies (tree nut, peanut, shellfish) and I'm very sensitive about safety and being able to attend to children who have special needs as well. On the Jewel in 2011, when it was just the shellfish allergy and the but allergies hadn't been discovered yet, the staff was very sensitive to the fact that he has food allergies, and they spoke with me on the first day. Same on the Carnival Splendor in 2013, when we had already been aware of the nut allergies. I'm grateful that I can feel safe and my son can have an amazing time! :)

• 1 month later...

I have never seen that happen not even when Disney ships are at full capacity. Sorry but that is very hard to believe.

I have never seen that happen not even when Disney ships are at full capacity. Sorry but that is very hard to believe.

As hard as you may find it to believe...it happened. I know it happened because it happened to us. Take a look at the avatar I've been using for awhile....can you make out Mickey Mouse at the wheel? Yeah, that is the trip where it happened. It didn't ruin our trip or even irritate us. I was just sharing an experience.

As hard as you may find it to believe...it happened. I know it happened because it happened to us. Take a look at the avatar I've been using for awhile....can you make out Mickey Mouse at the wheel? Yeah, that is the trip where it happened. It didn't ruin our trip or even irritate us. I was just sharing an experience.

Yeah OK sure, if it did happen then they also need to get their house in order, that is not a way to treat paying customers. I have been on many Disney cruises with ships at full capacity and I have never seen this happen, but if it did I would find it unacceptable, especially at Disney's prices. Kids should not be getting turned away at any kids club on any line period. If it is because of the lack of staff then that is the cruise lines fault.

Edited by mkdreams

I hope I was clear, we didn't get turned away. We just stood there until a kid left, which opened a spot for ours. It wasn't a long wait. I don't remember how many minutes lapsed, but it wasn't enough that it stuck in my mind. We still had a fantastic cruise and it didn't put the slightest damper on our spirits.

We've not had a bad cruise on any ship. We are pretty laid back and tend to go with the flow.

In any case, I wish you all great trips too.....and now we return to your original scheduled program.

Also happened to me on Disney. Left for a little while, came back, got in. There is not only a space limit but a staff/child ratio limit so if staff gets sick or quits or something that might affect the limit - probably more likely to happen on smaller ships than on the larger ships. I would not worry about not getting in to the kids club for an entire day or an entire cruise. Some activities on the program are more popular than others and the number of kids fluctuates. On all cruises I have been on (NCL, RCL, DCL) they had more than enough of staff. But that's only cruises I've been on. Just because there have been adequate staff on the cruises I've been on does not meet there is adequate staff on all cruises.

Not sure why they closed my other thread

I don't know why either. It is an on-going issue. Maybe there was too much trash talking? I personally would like to know how far the new system will be taken, in terms of enforcement. I was just on the Sun less than 2 weeks ago and there was no sign about capacity and no ticket system, even though the new policy has purportedly been in effect since March. We just went in when we wanted. If the club was just opening, there was sometimes a line up at the door. The only significant wait we had was when their tablets went down and they couldn't scan everyone's key cards. People were getting angry and impatient even with a 15-minute wait.

Edited by theloo

I don't know why either. It is an on-going issue. Maybe there was too much trash talking? I personally would like to know how far the new system will be taken, in terms of enforcement. I was just on the Sun less than 2 weeks ago and there was no sign about capacity and no ticket system, even though the new policy has purportedly been in effect since March. We just went in when we wanted. If the club was just opening, there was sometimes a line up at the door. The only significant wait we had was when their tablets went down and they couldn't scan everyone's key cards. People were getting angry and impatient even with a 15-minute wait.

I will start a new thread later tonight once I get to talk to the kids club again to hear what they heard back from corporate today as I do not want to steal someone else's thread :-). Today we were at GSC so didn't have a chance to get to the kids club