Getaway - How much is a balcony worth paying extra for ??

weebobby

Hi

In the end after much debate I have decided to book later today through Viva Voyage the Getaway for June 27th. Price has come down to just over $900 each for a balcony cabin for the two of us (one of the angled balconies ) including the free drinks package.

Thanks for all your help which combined allowed me to make a decision

Weebobby

I haven't sailed on Norwegian yet, but on DCL I've experienced verandah, porthole window and inside cabins. I prefer the porthole window cabins over verandah and inside. I have small kids that need to be constantly supervised on the balcony, so I'm just more comfortable with the oceanview window cabins (and the price is better!)

There is no itinerary for which I would not prefer a balcony. Even if it is port intensive, it is such a pleasure to watch the ship pull into port from the balcony and enjoy the sunset as the ship pulls out of port. And the fresh air! Ahhhh.

That being said, if I had children with me, I would go crazy worrying about them climbing over the railing or dropping items off the balcony. Heck, I have even seen parents put the kid on a railing so they could take a picture. Some adults aren't mature enough to handle balconies either. :rolleyes: (One woman on CC said that it was their first thing on board custom to have her husband take a picture of her propped on the railing of their balcony with a drink in hand to celebrate).

We have never sailed in an inside but have gotten them for our kids...I will never sail in one myself, just my opinion, felt too claustrophobic being in there.

DH and I started with ocean views; then we went for a balcony and I will never go back. We even had an aft on our last cruise and if that was available, that is what I will always go for. Watching the wake was just so relaxing!

That being said, we did not book an aft for our upcoming cruise as it will be in July to the Caribbean and it is pretty hot back there with little to no wind. We booked a forward balcony.

We love being able to have morning coffee and pre-dinner drinks out there. It really makes our cruises! I don't even care if it's smaller than our CCL balconies, just need a chair and a drink in hand (or even not). After all, we are on a ship and want to see as much of the ocean as we can?:)

Enjoy, you will be glad you got the balcony!!

Hi

In the end after much debate I have decided to book later today through Viva Voyage the Getaway for June 27th. Price has come down to just over $900 each for a balcony cabin for the two of us (one of the angled balconies ) including the free drinks package.

Thanks for all your help which combined allowed me to make a decision

Weebobby

Congratulations on your decision and your cruise. Wishing you a great trip! I'm paying almost $500 than you are so you got a good deal. It should help cover the airfare!