Norwegian Sky 5 day - Should we get Unlimited Beverage Package

I am wondering if it is worth purchasing the unlimited beverage package on this five day cruise on the Norwegian Sky. This itinerary has has three stops, so you are not on the ship much during the day. Plus, if a drink is over $11, you have to pay the difference. I have no idea what the cost of drinks are on this ship (e.g., Miami Vice), but I can't imagine them being over $10 a drink.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. We leave on June 1 and if we are going to do this I would rather do it now and not have to wait in line on ship.

Thanks a bunch!

Kim

Most drinks are covered by the plan, it will be rare for a beverage to be over the plan limit. Divide the price/day by $11, that will tell you how many drinks per day is breakeven for the plan.

I don't drink alcohol but did buy the soda plan on the Sky. For me the freedom to order a drink anytime anywhere adds to the vacation feeling.

When I was on Jade, almost ever drink I saw on the menus were under $11. If you see yourself getting a lot of drinks everyday, definitely go for the UBP. Even though there are 3 stops, you will still be onboard at night so plenty of opportunities to get drinks. Heck, if you are not feeling your port of call, you can just go back onboard, get a drink, and chill in the sun.

Do you feel that you will drink $279 worth of drinks per person? You have embarkation day, 2 port days where you will probably only be on board to drink in the evening and one day on GSC where you can use the UBP. So basically 2 full days and 2 evenings of possible drinking. Most drinks are $8-10, beer a little less.

We don't drink enough to make it worthwhile but did find a wine package to our liking. We paid $98 for 4 bottles which gave us enough for dinner with a little left over. All we needed in addition was the odd beer or bahama mama in the afternoon.

I'm traveling with a girlfriend on this cruise in October. She isn't a big time drinker but I am. Would we both be required to purchase UBP or can I buy it just for myself?

I'm pretty sure I read that everyone in the cabin must purchase the UBP. That doesn't necessarily make sense but rules are rules.